I got 7 hours sleep!!

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
It was the first time since Xmas that I have slept for more than 3 hours at a time!!!!!

Charlie went bed at 6.45 as normal, then as I was locking up to go bed myself at 9.30, he started coughing. It was quite bad, bad enough that I was worried about him choking so I went in and had to roll him on his side in his sleep for him to cough up whatever was stuck. Then he decided to poo in his half-sleep!!:dohh: So I changed started to change his nappy in the cot with only the night-light on, and he was still asleep. Then Stu decided to come in, saw what I was doing, so switched the light on!:dohh: That woke Charlie up. I caught have slaughtered Stu :gun:

Anyway, I changed him and we switched the light off and got into bed ourselves. Charlie was wide awake, and after about 5 minutes, he started to get frustrated and was shouting. I was just about to get up to him, but Stu stopped me and told me to give him another couple of minutes. The next thing I knew, it was 5.37am!!!!!!! :shock:

Charlie shouts and wakes me up at least 10 times a night even if he manages to sleep through, and if he's not shouting, Stu's snoring keeps me up! But last night I didn't hear a thing!!!!!

Please please please tell me that this was not a one off!!!! C'mon Charlie - you've shown me you can do it, now do it every night!! [-o<

Woohoo go Charlie.

Its only been the last coupl eof months that Ihave stopped going into Noah, he had a habbit of waking a couple of times a night and started to scream, and I just took the easy option of going into him cause I knew I could get him to go quiet instantly, rather than listen to him scream. I took the option of just leaving him to cry, and amazingly after a couple of nights he stopped waking at night at all, jst realised it was pointless, so we dont have to get up at all anymore. Perhaps try doing the same, if he wakes up again in the night leave him to it, if he isnt waking up for a feed then he will soon learn that it doesnt get him anywhere and will stop bothering.

Charlie's still in our room until we move, so he's 2 feet away from my ear, and almost impossible to ignore in the middle of the night, unfortunately! Also, the poor lady in the flat upstairs is recovering from a double-masectomy and chemo so I really hate to let Charlie scream at all hours.

I had already told Stu that things would be changing once he's in his own room, but maybe Charlie's already decided this for himself!!!:happydance:

Ohhhhhh thats fantastic hun!!

Glad you got your rest, just hope it continues :)
xxx

Brillinat news, has he repeated the performance since?

3 days ago so now you've had 21 hours additional sleep???

Hope you are getting more sleep, get ur blokes some of those nasal strips, won't be a 100% fix but helped me.

Paul

Brillinat news, has he repeated the performance since?

Nope! Poor kids got a stinking cold. I've been up since 5am!

Nasal strips? But that would mean admitting he has a problem! He shouts at me when I try to roll him over that he couldn't have been f ing snoring because he was f ing awake listening to me f ing snoring!!!! :rofl:

Gav the same ...

Twist testicals .... that works :)

xxx

Nope! Poor kids got a stinking cold. I've been up since 5am!

Nasal strips? But that would mean admitting he has a problem! He shouts at me when I try to roll him over that he couldn't have been f ing snoring because he was f ing awake listening to me f ing snoring!!!! :rofl:

My god that sounds like us!!!!!:rofl:

LOL thats us too. Oh says Im snoring but Im laying there awake. What he calles snoring is what is commonly called breathing!

Where as when he snores Ijust poke him in his sleep, or kick him in the shin. He isnt aware of it but it makes him move a bit in his sleep and stop.

I've shoved Ant outta bed before now in a temper:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"