I got my homebirth :D

RoxyRoo

Mummy to two <3
Reaction score
Hi ladies, well as the title says, I got my wish of a homebirth :happydance:

I had posted on here on Thursday morning saying I thought I'd had my bloody show after having sex but I didn't have any more signs so thought I'd just irritated my cervix. I was lying in bed in at 2am Thursday night/Friday morning and thought I felt a pop, so I stood up and went to the toilet but there was nothing. While on the toilet I had a contraction, didn't want to read too much into in (I was only 38+4) so went back to bed. Another contraction came 20 mins later and was pretty intense, I had to stand up as lying down was unbearable. I woke my hubby and told him I was going downstairs but that he should get some sleep, he followed me down anyway!

The house was abit of a mess so he started rushing round cleaning up :haha: The contractions were coming fast and strong, I was starting to doubt if I could do it afterall! Hubby started timing them and they were coming every 3 mins, then 2, then there was pretty much no gap in between. He rang the delivery suite at 3.30am who said they'd send a midwife out. By this point I was in agony, I had my tens on but not sure if I'd put it on too late. I was on my hands and knees throwing up into a bucket and I started to feel like I was losing it.

With a pep talk from hubby I stood up and started to concentrate on breathing through them, I stood in the kitchen and switched off and just let my body do what it needed to do, I felt like I had some control again. In the meantime my hubby was blowing the pool up. The on-call midwife lived a while away and seemed to take forever to come - she had to go to the hospital for the gas and air first. :wacko:

At about 5am I started to feel the urge to push but decided not to tell DH yet as the midwife still wasn't here and I didn't want to freak him out! He was really calm, just what I needed. The midwife eventually arrived at 5.20am and I told her I needed to push, so she told me to do what I needed to do. She said she'd check me between contractions, I had another 3 before I made it to the sofa. When she checked me she said her head was already there, I can't explain the relief I felt (if she'd have told me I was only 3cms I'd have died :rofl: ) She rang for the second midwife immediately and told DH to stop filling the pool as it wouldn't be ready in time. She asked if I wanted gas and air but I refused it, I already felt sick so didn't want to make it worse.

So I knelt on the living room floor and pushed for my life. This bit was so much better, I felt really empowered. Pushing the head out was pretty intense, I was biting one of the cushions on the sofa :haha: The MW and DH were so encouraging, they were great. After 30 mins of pushing Nancy Renee was born, head and body in one push - 6.03am. I can't explain how amazing it was to see her. She is perfect. :cloud9:

A couple of minutes later, the second MW arrived and got comfy on the sofa while we waited for the cord to stop pulsating, I had a physiological third stage and the placenta was delivered about 30 mins later :thumbup:

We were left to breastfeed while the midwives did the notes. She BF for over an hour! I went for a shower and fainted whilst in it :dohh: but was fine afterwards, think it was just shock. The midwives left after a couple of hours and we snuggled on the sofa with some tea and toast and our beautiful baby girl, I couldn't have asked for anything more :cloud9:

As the midwife was rushing to get here she didn't have any scales, but she was later weighed at 6lb 11.5oz. I had some small tears but they didn't need stitches. From start to finish my labour lasted just 4 hours, she very much took us by surprise!

I'm sorry that was so long but I really enjoyed writing it, it'll be nice to have to look back on.

Here's some pics of my beautiful girl.

Attachments

• SAM_0609.jpg
    SAM_0609.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 011020112342.jpg
    011020112342.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 011020112357.jpg
    011020112357.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 011020112349.jpg
    011020112349.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 77
Wow how fantastic!!

I'm all teary now!

fantastic story. nearly got me crying to. im hoping for a homebirth.. worries me that i wont get in the pool. although a fast labour would be ok with me.
were u gutted that u didnt use the pool after all?
o and she is beautiful. love this pic in her moses basket. looks so tiny but perfect
congratulations hun x

congrats, your labour sounds perfect! :hugs:

Congratulations RoxyRoo! She is beautiful and your labour and birth sound like they were great. I hope mine will be as good in a couple of weeks :)

wow, congrats
your lucky with a nice quick labour for your first and all

That sounds brilliant! Lovely pics! Just how I want my homebirth to be. xx

Congratulations, sounds perfect! She's beautiful. Well done you!

Beautiful story! Thank you for sharing! And congratulations!!

What a brilliant story, you did fantastic, and congratulations on your pink bundle of joy. Xxx

so wonderful! Congrats on ur beutiful baby girl. Hopefully my twins will be born with such ease I have a ways to go but so far so good! Congrats.

congratulations. So happy you got what you wanted. I am hoping my home birth runs as smoothly as this.

Beautiful story nearly teared up. Congrats! Shes gorgeous :)

Congratulations!

Thank you for posting, I keep hearing about transfers, so this is a breath of fresh air... just what I needed!!

b x

that sounds amazing hope mine goes aswell as that :) love the pics your little girl is beautiful congratulations :) xx

What a fantastic story :D Thanks so much for sharing, and congratulations and well done! :hugs:

Beautiful birth story :cry:

She is stunning - congratulations! :flower:

Ah,that was such a nice read! Massive congrats:D You did so,so well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->