I guess my question would be best in here =]

Kimmer

Mummy to a beautiful baby
Reaction score
:wave: Hi all. My baby is due next Sunday and I've decided not to get a push chair straight away.

I want to get a carrier of some sort for the first few weeks at least.. but I'm very uneducated about them! :blush:

I've heard a bit about some slings being potentially dangerous.. but I don't know which are and which are fine.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? It needs to be suitable from birth (I don't know if they all are?!)

Thanks for any help :thumbup:

Hiya :wave:
wraps are a good starting point. Lots of people swear by Moby Wraps as they are very soft and ideal for small babies. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but as long as the baby can't slouch with the head on the chest all wraps are totally safe. Have a look in the carrier review sticky, lots of good stuff there.

:thumbup: Thank you very much, I'll take a look

I would def recommend the moby or another similar strechy wrap, there are a few different brands but they basically all work the same. its warm, cosy, if you plan on BF'ing there are nursing holds you can do to feed on the go and will last you months of baby wearing.

The slings that are dangerous have been the ones that 'cradle' the baby down hear your stomach, the chin can often fall down on the chest and restrict the airways., if you google 'safe tips for babywearing' you should be able to find some links with some start off hints!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->