I guess would be a rant- 32 weeks and no care!

mamadread

•c r u n c h y m a m a•
Reaction score
This pregnancy has been less than enjoyable for me; and let me start by saying I wasn't even aware until 4 months along due to the fact I had BF my now two year old for nearly 20 months before he weaned himself and my menses never returned- (or so I thought, spotting and nothing more)
As soon as I had a hunch and took a home test, I made it priority to get on the states Medicare program but was made to wait until far after Christmas and the new year to receive any response from them whatsoever! Was put through the wringer and I'm STILL currently awaiting my physical medi-cal card to come in the post. I'm 32 weeks, and only know that because I was able to find a free clinic in my area to give me an extremely simple ultrasound to determine my progress. I still haven't seen one proper care physician, no labs done and the only way I know it's a girl is because I paid $80 to get a more detailed 3d ultrasound (in which the technician thankfully showed me my LO is healthy and has all necessary parts for life).
I wanted so desperately to have a midwife and doula and a natural birth in the waters of a birth tub.... I had the chance to tour a birth center in my area and I was pleased with what I saw- they offered everything I desired (except for a nurturing and soft midwife, but I was willing to cope because she was extremely knowledgable and the safe arrival of Amethyst was all I was considering, as a mom) but was told that they would need the numbers on the card to proceed with an evaluation to decide IF they could accept me as a client due to the simple fact that I might be TOO FAR ALONG and possibly high-risk (since I have had no labs to confirm otherwise)
I'm really angered and upset with the flawed system and especially myself for not having the instinct to know sooner that I was carrying a little soul so I could get the ball rolling because now I'm not sure where or WHOM will be assisting her onto Earth...
I'm so afraid at times- I read posts about women who, if they have any questions, they call their midwife and rest assured all is well, or get advice on what to do in not so pleasant situations. I wish I had that. I want someone to talk to if I get cramps, or if I'm unsure about something...or if I simply have something on my mind....
Oh yeah, I'm sure I've left out more because I am feeling extremely absentminded and fatigued during this last trimester- but my husband and I are obviously financially struggling so that's why I couldn't get any regular health insurance- he is currently seeking employment and has a graveyard shift two days of the weekend in a crepery but it isn't nearly enough to support us so it makes things even more difficult :(

Ive no advice as im in the uk but i just wanted to offer hugs that sounds like an awful situation i hope your able to get thr care that you need soon x

What an awful situation to be in, I am glad your baby is healthy and you both seem to be doing well in spite of your situation, I hope you get some resolution soon.
Its easy to forget how lucky we are in the UK with our NHS x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->