I had a beta blood test!!!!

manduh726

She calls me momma
Reaction score
I am going through fertility treatments and this is our first round with Femara. I had my scan today and the doctor thinks I have ovulated and my uterus lining is thickening! They did a blood test for ovulation and pregnancy. This is my first one.

They said if I don't get the results back by tomorrow I will know for sure Monday. I am so excited! I hope I did ovulate and we caught it.

I have been having symptoms. Nausea, heart burn, dizzy, sore nipples and breasts, strong smells, and food aversions. I know I am early if I am but I really thought it was the femara making me feel this way. The doctor said its out of my system and I shouldn't have any affects from it. I have also had 3 days of blaringly positive OPKS pic attached before. First is from 9/13/18 and then every day till today.

I am so excited I had to just post this!

Attachments

• opk1.jpg
    opk1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 33
Ohh that’s exciting keeping everything crossed for you.

I am so confused. The blood test came back negative for ovulation and pregnancy. How if you could see on the scan it looked like I had and all the positive opks. I am just so depressed. I start provera for a period tomorrow and a higher of dose of femara.

Ugh! Sorry for the bad news. Ovulation tests only tell you when you are having a surge they do not guarantee ovulation. Once you get a positive ovulation test it can be 12-36 hours sometimes even 48 hours before you ovulate. Is it possible that you got your scan and blood work the same day you got the positive ovulation test so therefore had not ovulated yet? I believe blood work checks for progesterone to confirm ovulation. Progesterone testing I thought was done 3 days after ovulation or 7 days after. I am no doctor though so I apologize if any of this is incorrect. I am sure other ladies will be able to offer their experience a little better. Good luck hun!! I am rooting for you!

Hi, darling! First of all, I'm from Cincinnati, too!

Second, do you have PCOS? OPKs really don't work for those of us with PCOS, if so.

The blood test was about 5 days after. I dont know. I felt hopeful. Now I just feel crushed.

5 days could be a little too early hun. Blood tests for ovulation are normally done at 7dpo. Do you know what the number was? I think the measurement is different in the us but here it’s anything over a 10 is positive for ov but if you didn’t it would be around 1 or 2 or less. So if you got say an 8, it would tech be negative but cos it was a couple days early you still could of ovulated.
Alternatively it could be as said above, that you had a surge but didn’t release the egg. You may need a trigger to release an egg when it gets to the right size xxx

Sending you hugs xxxx

I had a BETA-HCG done which came out <5.0 mI and progestrone done which came out 0.2 ng/mL. So looking more like I am man. lol joking

I am still getting positive OPKs so I done with them. Obviously they wont work for me. I took a pregnancy one today just incase and completely negative.

I started the provera to induce a period and I am on my last pill and I am starting to spot. Is that normal? Last time I took it I don't remember spotting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->