I had a fantastic Water Birth

bobsmum

Mum of one
Reaction score
I am a mum-of-one with a beautiful baby girl who I delivered in a birthing pool in March.
I was nervous about how I would cope with the birth of my first child at home until I read about the benefits of water birth.
I had an amazing pain-free birth without the need for medical intervention or drugs. My labour was over quickly in just 3 hours and 33 minutes and my daughter was gently pushed out in the water calmly and slowly. I felt so relaxed and I needed no stitches.
She is such a happy, contented baby and I strongly believe this is because of her gentle and gradual birth.
Water birth really works and I love being able to share my enjoyable experience with all of you.

:happydance: congratulation :happydance: l also enjoyed my waterbirths...

Hey congrats, glad it was easy for you, lucky girl lol

shes lovely.

BTW i have a guinea pig too, so cute lol

It's probably no surprise that I would definately recommend a water birth to any expectant mum. x

It really is so relaxed, it's a more peaceful birth for your baby and birthing pools usually mean less tearing and no need for horrible stitches x

People are always commenting on how contented my little girl is and I strongly believe this is because of her untraumatic birth. x

We can't keep her out of the water now. She absolutely loves swimming. Her favourite place to be is the bath x

It'll be lovely to hear your fantastic water birth stories too x

Somebody emailed me to ask what pool I used. I should say it was a Birth Pool in a Box. So comfy, easy to put up and take down. I highly recommend it. x

The BPiaB comes highly recommended by most midwives too x

Hi, firstly,nice to hear you had a lovely birth experience. 2ndly, can I ask what size birth pool you used, was it the mini or the regular with the little seat in it? I ask because Im planning a home water birth and have ended up with 2 birth pools..a mini and a regular but can't decide which one to use!! Im thinking the mini one then there will be more room around the outside for the midwifes to move around but am worried it isn't big enough for me to 'float' comfortably. But Im worried that the regular one will take up too much room and lose heat from the water quicker. Help!! xx Oh, also,how long did it take to fill? xx

Congrats :)

I too had a water birth in March. I had a 9lb 6oz baby girl with no pain relief and no tearing. It was amazing! And like your daughter, she is very content/happy/pleasant.

If I have anymore children, I will definately be going for a water birth again!

xx

If you have a Water Birth in hospital in the UK dont you habve to book it? What if I dont give birth that day? Can I still have it a week late or week early?

Hello, thanks for sharing ur story <3
Im really hoping to have a water birth but apparently they hardly let you have them in Lincoln :( xx

awww congratulations, that's a fantastic story x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->