I had my baby!! (natural birth plan went out the window!)-WARNING honesty about pain

Veryv

Reaction score
I had my beautiful baby girl on June 2nd at 2:50pm after only 5 1/2 hours of labor!! Heres the story..

I was due May 30th and on June 1st I started having a lot of pink mucus, I thought it might be a bloody show but wasnt sure so I went about my business.. That night I started having really bad cramps but I didnt think these were contractions because everyone had told me tightening of my belly was contractions, I was getting pretty bad cramps every 7 mins but managed to get to sleep. My OH works the night shift so he was at work til 8am and by the time he came home and woke me up the cramps were much worse, I figured I was starting labor but due to not having insurance I would only be admitted to the hospital if I was in "active labor" which I had been told I would know when that was because I would be in unbearable pain.. My pains were manageable so I stayed in bed and tried to rest up, still not really believing I was in Labor- I had been having tightening contractions that would come every 5-7 mins for at least a week but they would last an hour or two and dissapear, also I had lost my plug 3 weeks earlier! Anyways, OH took a shower and got into bed, having been up since 7pm and working all night.. As soon as he fell asleep I shifted positions to get comfortable and POP went my waters!!! Oh my god it was really happening!!! I immediatly jumped out of bed and woke him up, then rinsed off in the shower while he got our hospital bag and my birth plan (lol) and everything else ready. In the 2 minutes it took me to rinse off and change my cramps had intensified to the point I wanted to hurry.. They were coming every two minutes and so intense I couldnt talk through them.. Every little bump in the road was hurting me and it took us 5 minutes to get to the hospital. Once there we had to wait in the ER since I was not allowed to pre register because I did not have insurance (I have pregnancy related medi-cal which my local hospital does not accept unless in emergency situations) My contractions were so bad and coming every 2 mins and we waited in the ER waiting room for 30 mins before I was finally taken up to Labor and Delivery by a very nice security officer who recognized I was in pain! Once there I could barely walk and had to wait through contractions to change into the hospital gown and get into bed.. The nurses came in no rush, and checked me I was 4cm (I had been 3cm since 38weeks and 4cm since the 31st 80% effaced) by that point my contractions hurt so bad I was moaning and asking for some pain medication-even though I had wanted very strongly for a natural birth! I have a very high pain tolerance and thought I would be open to the option if things got out of control, but had wanted to do everything naturally as I thought it was best for the baby and I was terrified of drugs/epidural increasing the need for c-section/assisted delivery. At this point my pains were so strong I could barely breathe, couldnt talk and was in complete agony feeling the need to vomit it hurt so much and pushing uncontrollably each time I got one.. Nobody has ever accuratly described labor pains as I hear it is different for everybody but what it felt like to me was someone had stuck a weed wacker up my lady parts and into my stomach, like if you have ever had food poisoning where you were throwing up and had the runs and thought you might die but times that by 10! I was begging the nurse to please give me something but they couldnt give me anything until I was admitted into their system which took 2 hours!!! It really didnt seem like 2 hours but by the time I got an IV and got something for my pain (not sure what it was but it made me dizzy) it helped a lot to calm me down and took the edge off the contractions, and in another 30 mins they gave me an epidural which was the weirdest feeling ever, but complete relief! They checked me again after the epidural and I was already 8cm!! They were very surprised how fast I was going and called my doctor to come in. I rested and waited for him to arrive and the nurse made me do two "practice" pushes just before he got there and the babys head was already crowning! We had to wait what seemed like forever until he got there, OH held my leg and I pushed once more and my beautiful baby was born!!! It was the most unbelievable feeling ever :) We have been bonding with our baby and figuring out how to be parents and just taking it all in, i am so happy and wouldnt trade this for the world :) All in all it was a very easy birth, and while it did hurt I quickly forgot the pain and would definatly do it over again!

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 30
Congratulations on the new addition to your family x

Thank you for your honesty! You have a beautiful little girl.x

Congratulations :) she's beautifull x

Aww congrats on your little girl! Ad thanks for the honesty about labour. My birthday is second of June too!x

Congratulations! She is beautiful, well done! Xx

awwww - oh dear re pain!!!! :( at least it was over very quickly shes gorgeousssss xx

Congratulations. I like ur description of the pain. lol 'thinking u might die' :p

Congratulations hun - thanks for your birth story as well.
x

congratulations and well done you xx

does make me grateful for the NHS though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back