I had my baby two weeks ago - at 39 weeks! How I went into Labour

Zeri

Reaction score
Just wanted to update that I had my baby girl, Dalila, on November 30th - a week before her due date (she was due on December 6th).

My labour started on the evening of Saturday, November 28th, with Braxton HIcks contractions every 10 minutes or so. I thought it was a bit strange they were coming so fast because I didn't have many BH"s during my pregnancy, but I just figured it was my body gearing up for labour in about a week or so. I didn't think much of it and just went to clean the baby's room and finish packing the hospital bags, as I had planned to do that night. While I was cleaning I noticed that the BH's weren't letting up - they were coming very regularly, almost like clockwork every 5-7 minutes. By 12:00 am, they started to get painful, almost like very strong menstrual cramps. I was thinking, "Oh my gosh, this better not be labour, I'm soooo not ready! We dont' even have a name yet!"":nope: I tried to dismiss the cramps and go to sleep, but I couldn't get to sleep because the cramps just kept on coming! When I got up to go to the bathroom after 1:00 am, I noticed a few spots of watery blood on my undies. I was thinking, "uh oh...this isn't good". I stayed up that night trying to get some rest on the couch, but really being wide awake. I went to the bathroom several times that night, but when I went at 5:00 am there was this dark-brown stringy mucousy discharge when I wiped. I was like, "Oh No!! This is real! This is my bloody show!" I was so scared - I couldn't believe that I was going into labour already! Anyway, after the bloody show- I stayed up and finished cleaning, washed the dishes, bathed/changed, and then woke DH, telling me we'd have to go to the hospital that morning because I was having strong cramps. He was really surprised!

Anyway - to make a long story short - I had a pretty painful natural labour (they don't offer much pain medication where I'm from). I took a long time to dilate (I was in labour for about 30 hours) and so the doctor had to break my water bag, and put me on Pitocin. All I can say is OUCHIE!!!! Pitocin without pain relief hurts like HECK!!! It was almost unbearable!!! Anyway, after the Pitocin I dilated really quickly (from 4-10 cm in 2 hours), and ended up having my baby with just three quick pushes on the delivery table! (She was right there waiting to come out - the funny thing is that just before delivery, I was running to go to the bathroom to have a bowel movement when the nurse forced me into the delivery room instead). It was a great feeling of relief when she was born!!

So that's my story. It's been an overwhelming and tiring week and a half, but good as well!

All the best with your deliveries, everyone!

Congratulations!!!!! :D .. :hugs: hope al is well x

Congrats and well done on making it through without any pain relief!

congrats to you!!!

hope you are enjoying the new addition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->