I had my booking in appointment this morning!

kimberleyrobx

Reaction score
Hello everyone! So i FINALLY got my booking in appointment! And i wasnt the only one who had to wait until their 10th or 11th week for an appointment! I am now 11 weeks although i told my midwife how my cycles are usually 35 days long so she has put me down as in between 10 and 11 weeks :flower:
Instead of going away and waiting for a letter to come through the door about my scan date she called the hospital right away and asked for an appointment over the phone as i am already so far gone. My 12 week scan is on the 20th! So exciting!
She took all my details etc and got the blood work done right away as i hate waiting to get them done. I hate waiting! So she stabbed me within a couple minutes of the appointment which i was glad about!
We took nathan with us and she couldnt stop gushing over him, laughing because she was talking to him and he was staring at her with a blank face lol!
She told me that there is a very small chance that i'd be allowed a VBA2C but she said this pregnancy will most likely end in another cesarean section which i was a little gutted about. I went for an elective section with nathan and i now regret it. I wish id tried for a vaginal!
I'm just so glad i have had my booking in appointment and i'll be having my scan in less than two weeks! Woohoo!
Oh and my due date has changed. According to my LMP i'd of been due July 30th but because my cycles are 5 weeks long and i think i ovulated late she has given me August 6th! Anyone else due around this time? I'm so excited now! :haha:

Ive got my booking appt on tuesday, quite a bit earlier then your but I need to get her to sort me out a scan in the next week or so to check a third sack is empty and then book me in for my 12 week!

Im unsure of what to expect this time because with my first I saw a different mw at the start of my pregnancy and she came to my home, whereas this time I have to go to my doctors surgery, im taking my LO with us too because its the same midwife I had throughout 2nd and 3rd tri so it'd be nice for her to see her hard work :winkwink:

Oh and im due 22nd august but they probably wont let us go past the 8th with the twins :thumbup:

Oh and im due 22nd august but they probably wont let us go past the 8th with the twins :thumbup:

Congratulations on having twins! There is only one or two midwives in my local area that covers our town and towns around us so she is a very busy lady! With emily and nathan, it was usually the substitute midwife that saw me because my midwife Linda was always out on an emergency appointment or something! A very big baby boom has happened the last couple of years so she has been on her toes the whole time! I hope she is with me all through mine, just have to wait and see! xx

Ive got my booking appt on tuesday, quite a bit earlier then your but I need to get her to sort me out a scan in the next week or so to check a third sack is empty and then book me in for my 12 week!

Im unsure of what to expect this time because with my first I saw a different mw at the start of my pregnancy and she came to my home, whereas this time I have to go to my doctors surgery, im taking my LO with us too because its the same midwife I had throughout 2nd and 3rd tri so it'd be nice for her to see her hard work :winkwink:

Our midwives never come out to our homes for the booking in appointment! Usually if we are overdue or expecting a sweep is the only time she comes to our houses! All through the pregnancy with every appointment us women are always down at the surgery, its a pain in the ass especially in the third trimester when she see's us every week! xx

Yeah totally know what you mean! Luckily for us our surgery is just round the corner which is a good thing considering my last labour left me paralysed in one leg!

I only had a different mw because I moved areas, my mw is quite good a not taking holidays and is usually not busy :haha:

Yeah totally know what you mean! Luckily for us our surgery is just round the corner which is a good thing considering my last labour left me paralysed in one leg!

I only had a different mw because I moved areas, my mw is quite good a not taking holidays and is usually not busy :haha:

I think in scotland its like one midwife to 6 towns :haha: thats what it feels like!
Oh how did that happen? Ive never heard of labour paralyzing someone!
My surgery is a half hour walk away, so at least i have done my exercise for today! Feeling fitter already... NOT :rofl: xx

Awesome!! My booking in appt is January 16th and my 12 week scan in February 5th - I'm due around August 15th! :D

Awesome!! My booking in appt is January 16th and my 12 week scan in February 5th - I'm due around August 15th! :D

Woo! Not too far apart! I dont think i will be granted a vba2c otherwise i know i'd have an overdue baby!

How are you girls finding your pregnancies so far? xx

August 15th is my sisters wedding anniversary. My mum was due on August 15th with her but ended up having her on the 19th :lol:

I was up at the last night with a really bad UTI - lovely! Been having a whole host of symptoms though! Got my private scan tomorrow :D

My booking appt is saturday and my 12 week scan is 29th of feb the longest 20 days of my life! Im due 13th August or there about xx

August 15th is my sisters wedding anniversary. My mum was due on August 15th with her but ended up having her on the 19th :lol:

I was up at the last night with a really bad UTI - lovely! Been having a whole host of symptoms though! Got my private scan tomorrow :D

Oh lucky you! I was due August 15th with emily but she didnt come out till the 21st!
The same here, although luckily i haven't had any morning sickness with any of my pregnancies although that doesnt stop my stomach from constantly churning all day long! My nose is blocked but i can smell EVERYTHING! My stomach is always upset and i am always hungry! I was back at college yesterday and everyone thought i'd lost weight i was like :huh::saywhat: all ive done is snack snack snack! Heartburn creeps up on me several times a day, my hormonal mood swings and ridiculous and i am constantly tired! I am craving macdonalds double cheese burgers right now... mmmm :dohh:

My booking appt is saturday and my 12 week scan is 29th of feb the longest 20 days of my life! Im due 13th August or there about xx

Thats not too long away! Surprisingly i think my pregnancy has been going by really fast this time! I thought i'd be due July 30th but my midwife put me at august 6th xx

i had my booking appointment this afternoon and im due around the 4th of august, got my 12 week scan on the 24th of january x so exciting :thumbup:

i had my booking appointment this afternoon and im due around the 4th of august, got my 12 week scan on the 24th of january x so exciting :thumbup:

It is really exciting eh? I cant wait for mine!

Whats everyone hoping for? Im secretly hoping for another girl but i wouldnt mind either way xx

I've got it in my head already that I'm having a boy! Only because my mum, sister and brother all had boys first! I'm not sure what I'd prefer..

I've got it in my head already that I'm having a boy! Only because my mum, sister and brother all had boys first! I'm not sure what I'd prefer..

Haha! Everyone in my dads side of family all had girls first! So i was really excited when emily was a girl :p

Any names planned out? I have nothing for a boy, but since before we found out we were having a boy i wanted a girl named emma :flower:
I think Emily & Emma goes really well together, similar! IDK, we will see when the time comes xx

I think in scotland its like one midwife to 6 towns :haha: thats what it feels like!
My surgery is a half hour walk away, so at least i have done my exercise for today! Feeling fitter already... NOT :rofl: xx

I was put into stirrups and just left, was in them for about 2 hours, with epidural so legs were heavy and couldnt feel anything, so the pressure caused nerve compression on the sciatic nerve and I ended up paralysed in my one leg!

I was put into stirrups and just left, was in them for about 2 hours, with epidural so legs were heavy and couldnt feel anything, so the pressure caused nerve compression on the sciatic nerve and I ended up paralysed in my one leg!

Oh my god that's ridiculous! Did you complain? My OH had a lumber puncture a couple weeks ago, the nurse doing it accidently hit a nerve and left his right leg numb and unable to move for a couple hours! Now he is still complaining of leg pain and is comparing himself to Hugh Laurie in House :haha: xx

IM due august 7th,
i cant believe it took that long to have your booking apt i had mine at 8 weeks as i thought that was standard obviously not lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->