I had my GTT today!

Tami

Mum of one
Reaction score
And it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be.
After reading people's stories on the forums I was expecting it to be awful, but even though I hate lucozade it was fine! The worst part was the waiting around. :haha:

I thought I'd be starving all morning, my test wasn't until 9.45am and was a 2 hour test, but I just got home at 1pm and had to make myself eat something, this pregnancy appetite is driving me crazy, lol.

Not really freaking out about the results, either way I'm just happy to know them! :happydance:

I had mine yesterday n tbf wasnt bad at all i sat there ppl watching lol it was like a live episode of jeremy kyle hahaha

I had mine at 9am this morning, made the drink up last night and kept it in the fridge, it was actually nice tasted like fresh lemonade.

I have been really ill after tho, bad tummy and feeling sick. Phoned MW and she said it is common!

I have mine in a few weeks. Do you not get the results on the day?

I dont know if its different in the US. But we have an 1 hour test that isnt terrible. But if we fail that, we have to take a three hour test which is not fun. The worst part is waiting around for 3 hours, on an empty stomach, after chugging that terrible drink. ugh. lucky however, most pass the three hour.

I just took my GTT today, and it wasn't bad either. When I went back to the lab technicians after drinking my glucose drink, my 13 month old was holding the empty bottle for me and so I said, "My daughter drank the drink for me. Is that okay?" The looks on their faces were priceless! :haha:

I had mine yesterday n tbf wasnt bad at all i sat there ppl watching lol it was like a live episode of jeremy kyle hahaha

I had to have 2 while PG with Eddy and I have to have my 1st one next week and I loved sitting and watching the world go by for 3 hours, with no children round my feet lol. I get on well with my phlebotomist so we would have a natter and I was taking magazine articles in to her for her break lol. :haha:

I've just come back from having my GTT and apart from being bored waiting around, I also feel like a pin cushion - the midwives couldn't get any blood out of me for the second blood test and so after 6 attempts I got sent to the phlebotomist who took the second sample out of my hand.

I'm going to be bruised tomorrow :-(

I have mine in a few weeks. Do you not get the results on the day?

I was told you get the results within a week, and if you don't hear from them presume it's good news, lol.

I've just come back from having my GTT and apart from being bored waiting around, I also feel like a pin cushion - the midwives couldn't get any blood out of me for the second blood test and so after 6 attempts I got sent to the phlebotomist who took the second sample out of my hand.

I'm going to be bruised tomorrow :-(

I had this problem too! I'd had blood taken a day earlier too and I think my body wasn't willing to give anymore up, lol. :haha:

i got my results today, if I had had it done in the hospital I would have had them yesterday :haha:

All clear for me :) hope you all get your results soon x

I haven't had a problem with the one hour ones, but I'm not looking forward to the 3 hour one I have in a week or so. I having a feeling I'm going to be one cranky mama with not being able to eat anything beforehand. I've been waking up sooo hungry in the mornings lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->