I had my natural section

marley2580

Reaction score
Let me just say that it is 10 times better than a 'normal' section. I'd recommend it to everyone. It was amazing.:thumbup:

Sorry if this sounds a bit dim, what's a natural section?

I really want one of these but Im afraid that as my consultant is the oldest in the hospital and very old fashioned he wont agree... please could you tell me how you went about asking for one and had they heard of it before etc?
Oh and congratulations on your birth x

I really want one of these but Im afraid that as my consultant is the oldest in the hospital and very old fashioned he wont agree... please could you tell me how you went about asking for one and had they heard of it before etc?
Oh and congratulations on your birth x

I insisted basically. I had 5 key points - screen lowered, slower than normal delivery, delayed cord clamping, immediate skin to skin and newborn checks delayed. I'm very lucky in that there is a consultant at my hospital that performs natural sections so the registrar that did it had already seen them performed, but I was prepared to insist on a doc that was prepared to do it.

Mine was more natural than my first emergency, screen lowered, skin to skin and delayed checks. It was fab, a really awesome experience and I'd definitely have it again if there's a next time!

My hospital did all this without me asking though which I thought was great!

Congratulations Marley!

Great news! Glad you had a good experience.

watching the clip made me so sad, i have to go under general for my section :( no natural cesearean for me, last time it too me so long to come round and i was vomitting etc that by the time my DD was handed to me she was dressed! no skin to skin, although out bond is very strong and always was anyway! Glad you got the experience you wanted hun x

Let me just say that it is 10 times better than a 'normal' section. I'd recommend it to everyone. It was amazing.:thumbup:

Oh wow congratulations. I was actually thinking about you last night when i woke at 3am and wondering when you were due to have your section and now just seen this. I've got consultant appt a week on tuesday and going to defo ask him about this. Glad you had a good experience and congrats again x x x x x:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->