I hate DH right now

hopingforit

Reaction score
I already posted this in First-Tri but I only got one response so far and I am still fuming so I figured I'd post in a more general setting and hopefully get some advice before I walk out. I am seriously thinking of walking out right now as I want to be nowhere near DH - not even in the same house.

So, I am almost 9 weeks pregnant with twins. My DH has 2 kids from his previous marriage. While he was at Six Flags, a woman walked up to him and told him how she though his 5 year old son could be a model. The place is not an agency but rather the middleman between a client and an agency. They tell you they are giving you a "free" consultation but when you get there, they talk you into giving between $500-$5,000 for a photo shoot etc before they will consider having you as a client. A real agency isn't allowed to ask for money until you have a job, where they take a comission. He set up an appointment for tomorrow, much to my objection. Most of these places are scams so when I looked it up and found that it was, I wasn't surprised. I tried so hard to talk him out of it. We have so many expenses coming up with twins. We have to buy a new van (we only have a car), buy washer/dryer, buy 2 cribs, 2 of everything. The place is called interface talent network and if you look it up, you see the words SCAM SCAM SCAM. My DH said he looked it up but if he did, you would see how stupid of an idea this is. He said someone from his work had his kid on a billboard from this agency. I'm sorry but first, he was one of the lucky ones to get picked to do something and he would make probably $200 from something that he paid thousands to get into doing. Plus, if his son does even get a job, the money he makes will go to his mother and not to my DH. I am so frustrated!!!! Why can't DH see how stupid this idea is? He always gives his sons what they want. I have no doubt if he goes there, he will put money down right then (which you have to do anyway - they pressure you to pay that day or they won't deal with you) and then we are out lots of money. This place is clearly a scam but he won't listen to me. Did I mention we are having TWINS!!!! We have lots of expenses coming up. We can't afford to be putting money into something like this - with no return. I don't know what to do. He isn't thinking about me or the babies. I could understand him doing it if it was legit - but it's not!!!! I feel like crying. I am already stressed enough being afraid something will happen to the babies and now this extra stress isn't helping. I am so mad at him right now!!! I don't know what to do. I feel like crying and I just hate my husband right now. He is being stupid. This company is being sued by the state of NJ. They have an F rating on BBB with over 100 complaints. They have numerous reviews and articles about how they are scammers, yet he doesn't care. I don't know what to do. I yelled at him and we got into an argument. He is being childish and stupid not thinking of our family. We already don't have a lot of money as he is paying 1/4 of his income in child support and now he is going to give money that we don't have to some scam company. I am just so done right now.

Ah honey,, I don't have any advice but I didn't want to read and run :( its hard when your OHs have other kids cause you have to tiptoe a little so they don't think you're trying to make them out to be less important, which of course they're not.

Besides talking to him I don't know what you can do :( x

I would never want them to feel less important. They are very important. I would have no issue with it if it were a legitimate agency that actually helps people but what it does is takes your money and runs. His son has no interest in acting or modeling (although he is very cute) - has never mentioned it before - but DH is so convinced that this is a great thing. It's mainly just the issue that we don't have the extra money to waste on something like this that is just going to scam money out of us.

I understand completely Honey. It's the kind of thing you wouldn't spend on anything, it's just probably sensitive to him as its his child. My OHs son is very cute too :) little heartbreaker.
What's he said about the upcoming expenses you have? Do you share money? Maybe compromise and contact a proper agency? X

I am going to be a SAHM so I don't work. We were planning on me being a SAHM with just one baby so with 2, I definitely need to be. So yes, we do share money. He is constantly talking lately about how we don't have money and we need to budget for the babies. He is taking classes where he has to travel every other month and is actually going to stop those because we just don't have the extra money to pay for all of the expenses and have him do that. Right now, we have enough money to pay our bills with a little left over. Things like this, he would have to dip into the savings for. He is definitely worried about finances. I tried desperately to talk to him and tell him this company is just going to take the money, say they will look out for projects, then never hear from them again. He is hard headed and hung up on me several times while I was trying to explain this to him over the phone then when he came home, he said he doesn't care if it is a scam, he is going anyway. DH never even had the thought in his head to get his kids into this stuff. It was only when the woman walked up to him at the park that he thought the idea was good. And I was all for the idea too until I read the reviews online today. So, he won't change his mind about going and he won't talk to me about any options. He just shuts me down when I try to talk about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->