I hate dilemmas..do i splash out on this or not?

Ell.Bishh

Alex's Mammy & TTC #2!
Reaction score
Playskool's brand new Kota the triceratops https://www.kotatriceratops.co.uk/buy-kota-triceratops.htm

Its a dinosaur, goes on sale soon and i really want to get Alex one for xmas.
However, the ones round here advertised in argos are well over £300...nearly £350.
But on a plus, i did see it for sale at my local costco (gateshead one) for £199 i think it was...

And i know he would love it but is it actually worth spending that much on one present when ive already got him so much stuff and theres still things to buy for him for xmas that he really does need. If i buy it i'll feel horrible for spending so much on a toy he'll grow out of in like 2 or 3 years at most...if i dont buy it i'll probably feel just as bad for not buying him it because it looks so cool. Im not quite sure if im buying it for me or him yet...i mean it even blinks! and you can sit on it and it moves its head and legs and stuffand plays music and jungle sounds...
OH says its up to me...typical of him to bail out of a decision haha.

Anyone else getting there kids one?
Do you reckon its worth buying it?

Ive gotten myself into a massive fret now over a toy! Im so stupid :dohh:

Just clicked on the link....I love it!
If you can afford it, and really want it (which it sounds like you do!) then buy it. Is quite pricey though, isn't it?

I would have it in a flash, its just the price...
£350 almost in argos...
im just hoping it was £199ish in costco and my eyes werent playing tricks on me because otherwise i probably wouldnt buy it, too many other things i need that i could buy with all that money...but then if i didnt buy it i'd be dissapointed.
Why do toys have to be so pricey? :(

I saw this on "Something For The Weekend"....nope.....you can't spend that much on one toy for such a young child:dohh:

Personally i couldnt justify spending that kind of money on one toy...

you can't spend that much on one toy for such a young child:dohh:

I know its alot...i just really have my heart set on it.
Im going to feel bad either way if i do or dont get it so i may aswell get it and feel bad about spending the money. Anyways, its age 3 plus so it'll last him longer than i thought, and until he is three i can just hold him whilst he sits on it and constanly watch him when he is on it...which i dont mind doing.

I might be being silly with money...but he is my first and i want him to have EVERYTHING. so everything i guess he is going to have to get. Even if the cost makes me want to cry
But saying that, i dont want him to turn into a little spoilt child like i was...i think im actually just debating buying this toy because I want it...not because i think Alex would like it...i all honesty he'd probably only use it once...or be scared of it...

I could just wait till next year...I guess. By then he'd be more safe on it anyways...and im sure they'll still be selling it then...
But then on christmas day i'll be all upset because there isnt a 4ft or watever size it is dinosaur under the tree...

Im such a pain in the arse...to myself!
:dohh:

We were just speaking about this (me and my boyfriend). I know the price isn't that similar, but for xmas we were going to get Bethanie a kitchen priced £65, but then looked at a different one priced £115. We;re going with the £115 one now because we think the other was shoddy and we think she will get a lot of use out of it.

My advice to you, if you think he will love it.. enjoy it, then go for it. They are only little children once and if you think you will regret not buying it, then get it. With me, this kitchen is a lot of money.. but I know I will regret not buying it for her.

Yes it's a lot of money, if you're going to get yourself into a mess doing it then don't.. but otherwise, I definitely would!!

They are only little children once and if you think you will regret not buying it, then get it.
I definatley would regret not buying him it, i'll talk to OH about it in the morning when he's back from nightshift, but youve sort of put it in perspecive for me...your right, they are only little once so i most likely shall be buying Kota the triceratops lol.
Its a hell of a lot of money but i'd rather buy him that and not for instance go on a trip to london with the girls in february than not get him it and go...i'd feel selfish.

Thanks a lot :)

He may only be a child once, but he's so young he won't remember a toy like that unless he still has it in a few years.

Would you spend that much on you or your OH? To me, if the answer was no I wouldn't get it.

If it were me, and I could afford I'd get it. Xmas is magical and I dont buy all year round for my kids but at xmas they get good pressies. I know xmas isnt just about pressies but dont feel guilty hun over it. :)

we want pics though:happydance:

Why do toys have to be so pricey? Because parents will end up spending whatever the cost is to get their children that special toy. Honestly, if I could afford it and had little ones at home, i'd buy it. Still in love with it! Get it if you can afford.

You could always wait till after Christmas and see if you can get it at a reduced cost....lets face it, baby isn't gonna know that Christmas was a few days previously:dohh:

You could always wait till after Christmas and see if you can get it at a reduced cost....lets face it, baby isn't gonna know that Christmas was a few days previously:dohh:

Thats a good idea actually, he'll still have his other stuff to open on christmas day anyways, and they might knock the price down a little.
It's what were doing with OH's sat nav. Gonna have a look in sales, so may as well do that for his dinosaur too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->