I hate FRER indents and gray lines!(Update: :witch: on schedule)

Elsa50501

Mommy of 2!
Reaction score
I believe these are all BFN despite irl very clear gray lines, whether in low or bright light, even when I take them apart. UGH i never had this problem TTC with DD. Literally every test I take for two days has had an indent/grey line for the duration of the 3-15 minute window. I’m not sure how photo quality will upload, but it’s basically a POAS photo vent, lol.

Attachments

• 2EEECE86-9945-4EB9-83BF-125FA7285CF7.jpg
    2EEECE86-9945-4EB9-83BF-125FA7285CF7.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 044D7958-1D8F-42C1-92BA-A3229041A4BC.jpg
    044D7958-1D8F-42C1-92BA-A3229041A4BC.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 5CA44609-7B8D-4056-95BA-DEAAA2C139B7.jpg
    5CA44609-7B8D-4056-95BA-DEAAA2C139B7.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 137
I’d say that’s a BFP. I’ve only ever gotten a line like that when pregnant. Indents don’t normally get that dark. Good luck :)

I’d say that’s a BFP. I’ve only ever gotten a line like that when pregnant. Indents don’t normally get that dark. Good luck :)

I think that’s why it’s so maddening, I really thought, oh that’s something... yesterday. but it still doesn’t seem to have color and I’m not sure it’s so different from yesterday. I’m trying not to delude myself unless it gets pink, but I swear every test is gray lines for like 2/3 days now, haha. If it were something I think It’d progress, not just get darker gray.

Can you try a different brand? I would keep them and send them back as faulty if they aren’t a BFP, but it they aren’t I would be really surprised. It can take a couple days for them to get darker, and it’s hard to notice it gradually. Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks :) . Lol, I'm in such a yuck mood from the hormones of either approaching AF or approaching BFP and this TWW is killer. I definitely am going to take the advice to buy some different brand(s) though.

I had the same problem, was seeing the dang test strip when wet then it would dry blank. I swear this all started when they introduced the curved version! Anyway if it dries darker and pink you may just have something there...fx!

Popping on to view your pics. I still think you're pretty early. I do hope you've caught this cycle. Those indents really are awful. I'm completely jaded by all tests these days and unless it's blazing I don't jump up and down in celebration.
Praying for you friend. :hugs:

Thanks girls:). I did test with a CVS brand blue dye and an FRER early digital using FMU and both BFN (as expected). AF is due Wednesday I think. So I imagine I'm out this cycle. DD was a strong positive at 8dpo last time so that has me spoiled I guess,haha

Every pregnancy is different so although you had a really early positive before, that may be different with another pregnancy.
I can see the line clearly on your FRER and it does look like a faint positive. Are the other tests you used as sensitive? I think I would retest with another FRER tomorrow and see if it's any different as sometimes it can take a few days to really show properly

Every pregnancy is different! When I was pregs with my daughter in 2016, I took 3 FRER 12-16 days after my first missed period and all were negative.
With this one, I took one 3 days after my missed period and got a positive!

Yeah, those FRERs had absolutely no color. I used two three packs over three days with the same grey lines. I think that they were just bad indents where more liquid pooled. I took a back of early reader CVS brand and a pack of FRER digital 6 day sooner tests, all BFN. As much as I want those to be BFP, they are seriously just BF T (bad freaking tests) haha. AF is due tomorrow, I have a killer headache that I only get the day before so the witch is on her way

ok, while those were definitely indents and gray. I may have been testing too early anyway because i was only estimating O day based on ewcm. I got an frer again this afternoon and this time I might have an actual very faint line. Hard to say if it’s got color or not, but it seemed skinny and further towards the surface of the strip that my weird gray lines. What do people think? More indents or start of something? this was after a 90 minute hold this afternoon. I’ll see if it develops into anything by testing tomorrow with FMU if AF still hasn’t shown.

Attachments

• 29DA9A99-46AD-4B26-B178-B120D0013BE5.jpg
    29DA9A99-46AD-4B26-B178-B120D0013BE5.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 66
I agree.. I think you’re getting an actual line this time. Fingers crossed for you!

Ugh, lol I really hope so!

I think I was oversaturating the tests before (making the antibody strip swell and shadowing near the indent line) I was counting ton5 seconds in my head and I think it was too slow, haha.

I was really careful to NOT use more than 5 seconds of urine this time. If this doesn’t turn into something I fully throw in the towel with reading preggo test results because the rules have changed apparently since the last time I was TTC hahaha.

ok, while those were definitely indents and gray. I may have been testing too early anyway because i was only estimating O day based on ewcm. I got an frer again this afternoon and this time I might have an actual very faint line. Hard to say if it’s got color or not, but it seemed skinny and further towards the surface of the strip that my weird gray lines. What do people think? More indents or start of something? this was after a 90 minute hold this afternoon. I’ll see if it develops into anything by testing tomorrow with FMU if AF still hasn’t shown.

Thats what my first frer looked like fx crossed for you !
https://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h91/Bmxfreestylegirl/th_received_358928521241739_zps93veu8zc.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->