I hate going to L&D

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
We came to l&d tonight since I haven't felt as much movement as normal. They hook me up to monitors and have me click a button when I feel any movement. As we are here I feel more movement but still very weak. I explain to the nurse that it is not at all normal for her. She talks about how on the sheet it looks good and everything is fine. It is still not normal! She has be lay on my left side. Even less movement and weaker. She still says it looks good. She was fine on Friday, decreased Saturday, and decreased more today. So now they sending me home. If I feel less movement in the next few hours they said to come back again 45 minute drive! The explanation they gave is that she's probably just running out of room. In that sort of time? I don't feel they really listen to me and tend to talk over me. I'm just kind of upset now. If she stays quiet tonight again, I will just call my OB in the morning.

Does your OB have an after hours line you could call since L&D aren't being helpful? I'm angry for you that they're not being very assuring or helpful. :hugs: Thinking the best for you

Ashersmomma, keep bugging them! You know what feels right for your baby! I'm sorry they are treating you like this.

Last pregnancy i had a terrible dr. From that experience i decided that this time if they tell me anything I'm uncomfortable with I'll say (using your situation as an example) "ok i understand you're saying this is normal but i disagree. Will you please put in writing you're discharging me when i feel uncomfortable with your diagnoses? That way i have a recourse if something happens."

Just a thought you can try.

They only have an on call nurse, who would just tell me to go to l&d. That's all I ever hear when I call in. I'm just do frustrated. I know what's normal for my baby and they just wouldn't listen to me. And didn't do anything else besides listen to her heart beat, check my blood pressure(which was high for me and didn't say a word about it!) and have me count. I just feel like they did as little as possible. I never had a problem when I was pregnant with DS, but both times I've fine up this pregnancy I've felt they've done very little for me. I will call OB in the morning and talk to my normal nurse who will actually listen to me.

Listen to your intuition, you know your body and baby better than they do. If you feel the desire to go back to L&D make them listen, demand they do more. I hope your OB helps you more tomorrow and that's frustrating that all the night nurse says is go to L&D - have you told her that you feel they aren't listening?

Unfortunately the on call nurse is about as bad as the l&d nurse. My nurse thinks there may be some connection with the medication I'm taking for my cold. I'm to stop taking it and monitor how LO does this afternoon. If no improvement they'll have me come in.

Gosh hon, so sorry they're giving you the run around! Hope you're ok!

Well, after stopping the medication I was taking and monitoring her today, she seems to be getting more active. Not back to 100% her usual self, but definitely wiggling around more and had a few of her normal painful whacks to my side and hip :) Will not be taking that stuff again! Freaked me out way too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->