I hate laying on my left!

Jennifurball

Mother of 1 and a bump!
Reaction score
It just doesn't feel right, I love being on my right!

The sooner I get my pregnancy pillow, the better cos I am struggling. :dohh:

I am the same way!!! Every time I wake up, I'm back on my right. :S

I'm always on my right! I don't worry about it really.. It's quite a new thing anyway. I think a good night's sleep is more important personally. But I hope your pillow helps! Xx

I did a big thread about this in the last week (I think), I am SO sick of sleeping on my left, and the other night I purposely slept on my right and slept sooo much better!

I alternate between the two sides and don't feel bad about it. Yes, your blood flow is better by some on your left, but I have not read anywhere that you can't sleep on your right - just back and stomach. I'd ask your doctor or midwife, but I bet right is OK.

If you get dizzy ever then definitely go to your right.

My OB said it is completely fine to lay in any position you want (except avoiding your back later in pregnancy because it can put pressure on your arteries)..she said even your laying on your stomach is completely fine as long as it is comfortable to you all the way through pregnancy. So I wouldn't worry about always laying on your left, do what is most comfortable for you- it won't hurt the baby at all!

I alternate sides, there is no way to stay comfortable on just one side.

I could not sleep on my left side at first, always slept on my right side. One night I lay awake unable to sleep so I decided to lay at the other end of the bed for a "change." The thing I noticed is it is not the side I am laying on, I guess I just like facing the side that has the bedroom door. So now I have no problems laying on my left side if I am laying at the other end of the bed.

If I only slept on one side my shoulder would be permanently displaced! It always hurts when I lay on one side too long. I'm still sleeping on my stomach and it's the only way I can sleep. As long as you aren't on your back you're fine.

Sleeping on either side is fine. The only reason for sleeping on your left is because it decreases pressure on your Vena Cava (the largest vein in your body bringing blood back to your heart) My Dr also said you can sleep anyway you want so long as you are comfortable and can breath without difficulty. Also putting a pillow under your back is enough to ease the pressure. I am personally not a side sleeper at all so all I do is put a pillow under my back and basically sleep at an angle but still kinda on my back.

I sleep on my right quite often, I have to switch from one side to the other because my hips go numb after a while, hes not found of me sleeping on my left he goes wild.

Earlier on I really tried to stay on my left. I'd always wake up on my left or my back because I'm NOT a left side sleeper. Now, I don't bother trying to stay there. I'll usually lay on my left to start with but I don't worry the rest of the night. It makes it even worse for me because my lo prefers my right side. So, when I lay on my left it's Extremely uncomfortable a lot of the time, even with a body pillow!

I have a wedge for my belly but I keep falling back on my back. Since I have been pregnant my back has been the most comfortable, but usually I detest sleeping on my back. lol

I want to get a big pregnancy pillow as well. I have to find one because the places close by don't sell them, which is why I bought the wedge. I have been having a horrible time sleeping lately so I think I'd better get one quick. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->