I hate my buggy!

zoe87

Im a new mammy!
Reaction score
Im in bit of a dillema :( Before Hollie was born my parents bought me a travel system pushchair. The carry cot bit didnt get used at all :( i loved it but now im starting to go out a lot more its doing my head in its really chunky and hardleys fits in the boot of my car...then when im by myself when i go to pull it up it the basket at the bottom gets stuck and it takes me about 15 min to unstick it while people staring at me must think im a right idiot.

Anyway my mam got it off her littlewoods account so i would guess she is still paying it off im selfish to want another one more easier to use? i just dont know how to tell her without upsetting her.

its awful isnt it? my mum bought mine and it does my head in!! it's a nightmare to put up and down and isnt particularly small but i dont have the balls to say i want a new one lol, i've only had it two months :S

What pushchair is it?

I went through a stage of seriously hating my Quinny and even had a differnt one picked out to buy but as my nan brought it for me I felt so bad disliking it. Im not really sure whats changed though but now I like it again. I dont think Ill still be using it 1yr down the line (but I will be keeping it incase of more LOs) but it was fab in the winter so Ive learnt to love it.

If you really dont like it then give yourself another month with it and if you feel the same, sell it on and get another. I dont think anyone will mind, as its you that has to use it all the time. I will say though, that prams dont sell for too much atm so you might not get the price you want for it.

Hmm that's a hard one if your mum is still paying for it. It's not being selfish though, the problem is you never really know what you need until you're actually using it and by then it's a bit late!

What about a lightweight stroller for the car when lo is 6 months old, you can get some really cheap ones, and keep the big one for local trips?

We ditched the travel system when Abigail was about 8 months for the same reason and we got a really cheap chicco stroller in the ASDA baby event. I wish I had done it sooner. It is so easy for going in and out of shops and it is really lightweight for the car. My mum got our travel system too but we got a fair amount of use out of it and now we are using it again for DS so it has certainly been worth the money. My mum now loves the stoller when she takes Abigail out as it is much easier for her to manage as well. Maybe you could look for a second hand one and tell your mum you just got it as an extra because it was so cheap you couldn't resist! That's how I told my mum (it wasn't second hand but it was reduced from £90 to £30 so the same sort of thing) and she was fine about it.

thanks girls the one ive got is ladybird travel system https://www.littlewoods.com/ladybird-on-the-go-travel-system---black/665544976.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f2645%2c4294958353%2fs%2fbestsellers%2c0&trail=2249-2640-2645-4294958353 i dont know for sure if she is still paying for it or if shes paid it off. Id love to ask her but feel a bit cheeky. I saw this one and though it would more convieniant https://www.littlewoods.com/quinny-zapp-xtra-pink-emily/875679029.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f2640%2c4294958434%2fs%2fbestsellers%2c0%2fo%2f2&trail=2249-2640-4294958434
but its also in the littlewoods so i wanted to get it id have to ask my mam :( ahhh dunno wot to do

We ditched the travel system when Abigail was about 8 months for the same reason and we got a really cheap chicco stroller in the ASDA baby event. I wish I had done it sooner. It is so easy for going in and out of shops and it is really lightweight for the car. My mum got our travel system too but we got a fair amount of use out of it and now we are using it again for DS so it has certainly been worth the money. My mum now loves the stoller when she takes Abigail out as it is much easier for her to manage as well. Maybe you could look for a second hand one and tell your mum you just got it as an extra because it was so cheap you couldn't resist! That's how I told my mum (it wasn't second hand but it was reduced from £90 to £30 so the same sort of thing) and she was fine about it.

thats a good idea i could pick one up in the next asda event and just say its a spare incase she wants to have her for the day etc etxc

Hmm that's a hard one if your mum is still paying for it. It's not being selfish though, the problem is you never really know what you need until you're actually using it and by then it's a bit late!

What about a lightweight stroller for the car when lo is 6 months old, you can get some really cheap ones, and keep the big one for local trips?

I had the same issue. The advice above is exactly what we ended up doing (although we got a lightweight stroller that laid flat, so we could use it from earlier than 6 months). It just lives in the boot of the car, and the icandy cherry lives in the hallway, never folded down. I now love both my buggy's - it was definitely the easiest solution for us :thumbup:

Omg at littlewoods price! If you can't afford it all at once, do you have a local independent pram shop? They will usually let you pay off weekly.

Omg at littlewoods price! If you can't afford it all at once, do you have a local independent pram shop? They will usually let you pay off weekly.

Probablys but i dont know of anywhere i will have to find out

oh no how annoying but if you don't like it then what can you do x

Probablys but i dont know of anywhere i will have to find out

Sorry, hope I wasn't overstepping the mark Hun :blush: I know littlewoods charge more for the convieience of paying weekly but £55 more seems a bit steep!

no no its okay u werent stepping the mark at all to be honest i dont know how much they are in the shops/ and i dont really know anywhere else that sells them. i havent even looked at mothercare guess i have a lot of research to do!

Oh good, I was worried I might've offended you! The zapp xtra is about £230 usually but ATM it's £207 at mothercare cos it has 20% off. I've been looking at the same one lol x x

Ebay!!! If you want to get another pram hun look on eBay, they're a lot cheaper than littlewoods and you won't have to ask your mum. I had the same thing, so I got another pram (a winter proof one) for just a tenner off ebay and my Mum didn't mind. She said a bargains a bargain :haha: and I still use my travel system minus the carseat for some trips.

There are five prams in my house right now. ...

I am having a similar problem ATM as MIL bought Max's travel system and spent a lot of money on it but I am really starting to hate it!! Its so big and bulky and since we started using it as a stroller, LO just doesn't look comfortable in it at all. The seat part is really narrow so it looks like he can't move his arms, they are like stuck by his side. He never falls asleep in his pram anymore and he used to all the time before we changed it to the stroller.

I really really want a M&P Luna Mix but I feel like I should stick it out a bit longer with the one I have first. Booooo to rubbish prams lol!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->