I have a question about gender scans

ilysilly

Reaction score
My next appointment is at 16 weeks & 1 day. Would they be able to tell gender then, or should I wait another month and find out at the anatomy scan? Do you have to book a special scan, or will they just do it? Also, what occurred during your 16 week scan? Thank you. I know it's a lot of questions. :blush:

I get a scan at every appointment (private in Ireland) and at the 16wk scan, my ob/gyn asked if we wanted to know, and told us -- confirmed at 20wk anamoly scan (a little boy). At each scan, the doctor checks against previous measurements, and we have asked loads of questions as we decided not to do an amnio (based on blood work/NT and the fact that everything appears very, very good), and we were able to see his little fingers and toes, so very cool!

best wishes

You should be able to tell at 16 weeks, as long as the tech is experienced! I found out at the 16 week mark and it has been confirmed at every scan since then! I don't know what else they do at a 16 week scan at the doctor's office (mine was purely a gender scan). have fun finding out the gender!

They can often tell then but most places wont give you a very certain answer as it is still very early. Best at the 18-20 weeks scan :) But if you have the oppertunity to have one at 16 weeks go for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->