i have another question.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hi im just wondering how i find some clubs and meetings to meet mums to be.

i dont really know many people around where i live and thought it would be a good way of getting out of the house.

is there a website that tells you whats happening in your local area or is it just finding one if you know of it already.

thanks in advance.

x x x x

I don't know maybe try googling it. I don't think there is anything like that in my area.

My OB office actually had a list of meeting times and places for moms to be. You might try your MW?

my midwife did say something about meetings for mums to be at my first midwife appointment. but there was so much going on that i forgot most of it.

i just want to get out there and meet mums to be.

You could probably call the office for the information.

what office?

the phone numbers i have are
*doctors surgery
*non emergencies number (which is just an answer machine)-midwife
*an urgent number(which is the maternity ward @ hospital)

Oh I thought you could call the MW and get an answer (since I'm in Canada things are a little different and I can always call my OB office and talk to a receptionist)

You should be able to get the information from your doctors surgery. But call yor midwife anyway, she'll know more about them. Its my midwife id to let know if i wanted to go to any of them

You could try your HV next time you go to clinic.

The libraries near us do story time for little ones plus they may well advertise other groups.

What about your local council website?

Playgroups are usually held in the local church or village hall so it might be worth wandering round to your nearest one to see if there is a poster up or something.

There are national things like Jo Jingles and Sing and Sign you look up on the web.

The local swimming pool might do a mother and babies session.

Hope that helps.

H

xx

Are you from England? I live in Liverpool and theres loads of Young Mums To Be courses running here and I joined one of them, it was really good. I went 2 days a week for a few months and it taught me alot about pregnancy and parenting and I made new friends there, it was really beneficial. You have to be under 21 to go though so I don't know if it will apply to you or not, but its worth looking into if you fall into that age category, I'd recommend it anyway. :)

Are you from England? I live in Liverpool and theres loads of Young Mums To Be courses running here and I joined one of them, it was really good. I went 2 days a week for a few months and it taught me alot about pregnancy and parenting and I made new friends there, it was really beneficial. You have to be under 21 to go though so I don't know if it will apply to you or not, but its worth looking into if you fall into that age category, I'd recommend it anyway. :)

yes im from england.
im not under 21 but ill have a look round and ask my midwife.

thanks x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->