I have chosen to switch from OB to midwife!!! Very excited.

Babyfor2

Reaction score
Midwife appointment went good! I had the rudest nurse EVER though. She walked in and did not introduce herself. She had someone observing her and would ask me questions then halfway through my sentence would start talking to the other lady like she got bored. The midwife was super nice though. She agreed with everything I wanted, and said the other midwives have the same policy. They dont cut the cord until it stops pulsating (That is their standard practice which is opposite of the hospital I was being seen at) They use minimal drug intervention like Pitocin but has no issues with epidurals. They only do dilation checks when necessary. and dont make you be on constant fetal monitoring. Their C-section rate is also really low. The only thing that bothered me was at the very end of the appointment someone knocked on the door telling her she had a visitor down the hall and she said I could ask one more question. I ignored it and asked her 4... I'm the one paying for my appointment and my last 3 questions did not kill her. She did not say anything when I asked them though. Yayyyy I'm super excited!

awww how nice! I'm seeing midwives again this time too! :)

That's great! I wish I could have found a Midwife. :D

Congrats! I'm doing this too. The OB couldn't have cared less about my pregnancy...the midwife couldn't have been more excited. Even my husband had to agree to the change after meeting the midwife, and he wouldn't consider anything but a "real doctor" before for our health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->