I have IBS / Gluten Intolerance !! :(

Ann-Marie

I adore my 3 children !!!
Reaction score
I'm in sooooo much pain :(

This has gone on for the past two years. And my hubby was the one who spotted a pattern....

.......... everytime I diet, I end up with severe sickness and diarrheoa. And inbetween dieting, I also have the occasional bout of V&D too. But never linked it.

I basicall only ever do 2 diets really.... Slimfast for ease and speed ( after having baby ), and then Slimming World when I have the time to really think about food.

I ALWAYS do Green Days on Slimming WOrld, which is as much pasta, cous cous, rice, potato as you like... and I always switch to brown bread on Slimming World too. LOT'S OF WHEAT !!!!!!!

And on Slimfast... I live on the meal bars......... Wheat !!!!!!

So anyways.... thats me NEVER touching wheat again if I can really help it.

The pains in my gut this time are agonising... I'm having contractions again !!!!!! :hissy:

* runs to the loo............. again *

IBS is no fun at all. I suffered with it for years until my pregnancy with Amanda tended to cure it.

I could barely eat as I would get bloated, look like I was 9 months pregnant, and have constant gas pains. I didn't have the problem where I would have diahrea, it would be that I was constipated for days and couldn't go.

Anything I ate with fiber was the worst.

Have you gone to the doctor as they can give you a pill to take on a daily basis. It helped me some.

Yeah, they've given me Mebeverine which is supposed to stop the spasms, but I'm still having them, and having to run to the loo every 20 mins. I feel bloody awful !!!

Yeah, they've given me Mebeverine which is supposed to stop the spasms, but I'm still having them, and having to run to the loo every 20 mins. I feel bloody awful !!!

I think it takes a bit of time for the pills to be in your system before they become effective.

I didn't notice much with my first doses of Dicetel but eventually they did work to an extent.

:hug:

Awh you poor thing :hugs:

My mother got diagnosed with Coeliacs about 6 years ago and she too gets the awful cramps. I've seen her doubled over in tears because of them and my mothers pretty tough! She was told the only way the pain will stop is by cutting out wheat and gluten all together. It's gotten to the point now where if she uses the same butter as everyone else in the house it makes her ill because of a few teeny tiny breadcrumbs! I feel really bad for her because some of the food she eats is really awful and costs a fortune! Luckily she gets most of her staples on prescription!

Has your Dr mentioned anything about a food prescription?

On the plus side, because she couldn't eat bread and stuff whenever she wanted she did lose quite a bit of weight, so maybe you wont need diets anymore :rofl:

I have the exact same intolerance. luckily if I stear clear from all other wheat products I can get away with eating brown bread in small quantities...

It's not nice... all the best things are made out of wheat.

Sometimes put up with the pain for a slice of pizza... but not very often (pain gets too much).

I suffer with IBS have done for years and i know how awful that is on it's own.:hugs: Was tested for coeliacs but it turned out to be something else. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->