I have no idea how many weeks preg i am

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by bisbis, Apr 14, 2009.

1. bisbis

bisbis Well-Known Member

I found out about 3 weeks ago that i'm pregnant but i havent got a clue when my last a/f was, i didnt keep track of it since january. I had a doctors appointment 2 weeks ago and the best i could come up with was that ''i think i had an a/f in feb but not sure when in feb''......it was very embarassing.

For my first preg i knew the first date of my last a/f but this is so weird.

Has anybody gone through this?

2. LeaArr

LeaArr Just him and me.

I think it's pretty common. A lot of women don't keep close track of that stuff. I can't speak for myself, but my SIL had no idea when her last af was when she got pregnant.

3. third time

third time Well-Known Member

I didn't know when mine was simply because I had a miscarriage the month before. They did a scan for me at 8 weeks when I thought I was about 9 which showed healthy baby and strong hb!!!

Good luck xx

4. bisbis

bisbis Well-Known Member

Thanks and big congrats to you thirdtime, i feel really weird cos i eep thinking i should have a rough idea. m waiting for a letter for a scan, hope it comes soon.

5. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

I also found out 3 weeks ago that I'm pg and I could be 7 weeks or I could be 11 lol! All based on AF in Feb that was only 2 days long and lighter than it would normally be! I'm having a dating scan on Friday so we'll know more then :) The MW should send you for one of those so you can at least know how far along you are!

Congratulations and a happy and healthy pregnancy to you! :hugs:

6. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

They will scan u and go by that dont worry xxx

7. MsEmski

MsEmski Well-Known Member

When I was at my first appointment with the midwife, I had to explain how my periods hadn't been regular since a miscarriage last year. She did say, however, that they base their due dates on the dating scan and don't really take the information that we give for granted.
    You'll definitely find out at the scan! I know that the date they've given me just can't be right, so I'm steeling myself to change weeks/dates when I finally get the scan.

8. minicazzybee

minicazzybee Mummy to baby Alexander

Hey,

I'm in exactly the same boat too, I was on the pill so which messed up my cycle something chronic, so I had no idea when my last proper period was-sometime towards the back end of January I think. I waited 4 weeks for a dating scan which is tomorrow (Yeay!!) but it's really been bugging me not knowing how far pregnant I am, especially as most women seem to know to the day. I think I am somewhere between 10 and 12 weeks (would be happier if it came out I was nearer 12!!). I begged my midwife for an earlier scan but sometimes it's just takes ages to be referred. The only thing I can think of if it's really bothering you is to go for an early private scan. They are pretty expensive though-the cheapest I could find one for was £80.

I just think that if it turns out I'm 12 weeks then great-I've not got long to go before I'm out of the 'danger zone', but if it turns out I'm 10 weeks, then at least I've got another couple of weeks pay before the baby arives, and that will pay for the new carpet in the nursery!!

It's really hard to do, but the best thing is to just try not to think about it too much (I must have tried to work it out about 50 times on these ovulation calenders).

xxx

9. Mumof42009

Mumof42009 Mum Of 4 Preemie's

Hi
    I wasnt sure of my dates but when i found out did clearblue predictor and i worked out i was nearly 12 wks when i went for my scan 1st scan i was only 9+2 so got put back a bit so i would wait until you go for your scan so you are 100% congrats on your pregnancy xx