I have no idea what I'm doing. Details on EWCM?

imtotallylost

Reaction score
Hi!

My SO and I have been trying for a few months, but up until now it was more of a "we want to conceive but aren't going to look into the details on it." However, I decided I wanted to be a little more proactive - mainly because I'm starting to go insane with the lack of baby!

Anyway, I've been researching EWCM... and I definitely have that today, right now. However, my SO and I are in a sort of, partial long distance relationship for awhile. So I won't see him until Thursday. Originally I thought seeing EWCM meant that I am currently ovulating, and that the only way to conceive is to DTD (am I using these acronyms right?) the same day. However, I read somewhere that EWCM can be an indicator of upcoming ovulation...

I'm not sure if this helps, since I have not tracked any of this until this month, but I do know that my cycle generally lasts 35 days. And today is the 16th or 17th day since my last period ended.

Anyway, my point is, is there a chance of conception if we "DTD" on Thursday rather than tonight? (and the last time we "DTD" was last Thursday, 5 days ago...) I wish it could be both, but alas...

I think I am just psyching myself out now, but I can't help myself. :dohh:

Hey... My ewcm is never by the books. Sometimes I have more sometimes less and if I only based it on ewcm I would totally miscalculate ovulation. I use OPK kits as well as a basal body thermometer to help me figure out around when Im going to ovulate and to confirm ovulation. The opk will tell you that you are going to ovulate within 24-48 hours after your first positive test and a basal body thermometer will tell you if you ovulated. Read up on it but if you have any more questions I'm sure we all can help! This method has helped me concieve (sadly all miscarriages) but it works. They say ovulation usually occurs 14 days before day one of cycle .. But I'm not sure how all that works for those with short/long cycles

I dont really go by EWCM because some cycles I have it leading up to ovulation and some cycles I dont get it till ovulation , so I use OPKs to tell me when I am getting my LH surge.

I'm no expert but I think it can vary depending on the person. I'm in a similar situation to you, in terms of being a bit new to this 'proper' TTC stuff. I'd say OPKs are your best bet. They take the guess work away without being too much work or too clinical. I've also downloaded the Fertility Friend app on my phone, which a lot of the ladies on here use. It lets you keep track of your cycle, symptoms, OPK test results etc and you get emails which teach you about the different stages of CM etc. It also teaches you about temping, but you don't have to temp.

Hope this helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->