• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I have no idea what's going on :(

RandaPanda

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So, last night, I had just one horrible pain after dinner that lasted a minute or so, with some lower back discomfort too. It felt worse than the BHs I've felt, but since it was only a one-time thing, I didn't think much of it. Went to bed, and felt fine.

Today at work, I started having some very low, achy cramps - like with my period or gas, but way worse. I was in the middle of talking to my boss when it just took my breath away for a sec because it was so uncomfortable to stand. She asked if I was okay, and I said yes, but then immediately had a worse pain and doubled over. After that, I stayed crampy/achy consistently, but it would worsen and subside every 10 minutes or so.

I decided to call my midwife just in case, and she asked me to come in. She hooked me up to a monitor, and said that there was definitely *something* going on, but she wasn't sure what exactly. My uterus wasn't getting hard when the pain came, but the monitor was showing something (I don't know what!!) Cervix was still closed when she checked, so that was good. She considered sending me to the hospital for a check with an OB and more monitoring, but also offered me the option of going home to rest, take some Tylenol, and see if things subsided, so that's what I chose to do. She told me to call her if things don't calm down, they get worse, or if I have any bleeding or fluid leaking because she was somewhat concerned about preterm labour.

I'm still having achy cramps down very low, and I also had (sorry if it's TMI for some!) a chunk of very thick, blood streaked discharge in the toilet when I just used it (but I wonder if that was a result of the check she did, because there was a little blood when she checked my cervix...) Even if it was part of my mucous plug, I know it can start to go weeks before actually giving birth. But the whole morning has given me a bit of a scare...it's too early for him to come! My boss seemed a little annoyed with me for having to leave the office. And it took me 2 hours to get in touch with DH at work :(

Does this just sound like BH and the start of losing my plug to anyone? Or should I be more carefully timing the pain and treating this like possible early labour? I want to just curl up in a ball and try to sleep, but it's tough to relax with the discomfort + the uncertainty... :flower:

Blood streaked mucus in week 33 would concern me enough to call l&d or mw for some extra advice. Your plug can come away and reform but a bloody show is different from my understanding.

I would just give labour ward a quick call and see what they advise.

You can have blood after any exam where they check your cervix, but seeing as you are not full-term yet, I'd definitely give L&D a call. It's *always* better to be cautious than ignore something that could be important, and they will be happy to see you and make sure everything is ok.

I have been having menstrual-like cramps for a few weeks now, but they never bent me over in pain. However, when little one hits my cervix just right I have had bouts of more than just lightning crotch. It's more than a burst of pain in my cervix/vagina. I actually have this thing happen in my left leg right in the inguinal area (where the leg meets my hip), and when it happens I FALL. I FALL HARD. I was just getting twinges, and they'd make me gasp, but it escalated to these electrical pains that would literally knock me to the ground. It is so scary because I can't sense them coming on. Be super careful if something like that is happening to you. Make sure to hold the railing on any stairs you take, make sure to have stable shoes for walking, make sure you feel safe on any uneven ground :(

I'm sorry you are going through that, but I hope you are doing better. In the mean time, I agree with pp though... definitely give L&D a ring. It will be worth it to alleviate your fears!!! :hugs:

Called the midwife, and she said that as long as there's not more blood or discharge, it's likely just from when I got checked today, and it got pushed out when I had a BM :blush: And the pain is subsiding a bit too...not sure what was going on, but I hope it doesn't happen again for another 6.5 weeks :) Midwife is calling me tonight before bed to check up on me one more time - she's really great, and has made me feel comfortable about contacting her whenever I need to (I had been worried about calling or going in if it turned out to be nothing...)

Thanks for your input, ladies. Since DH was MIA today and I was getting nervous, I *extra* appreciate being able to lean on you a bit for advice and reassurance :hugs: This site and the people on it have been a lifesaver right from TTC to now!

So glad to hear you called, and it seems everything is ok!! Keep us posted :hugs:

This happened to me at 33 weeks, and my OB sent me to L&D. They did pick up contractions with dilation on me, however, and gave me steroid shots to help develop her lungs -just- in case she decided to make her appearance. I was also on a magnesium drip for a few days. I know the achy feeling, I felt it for 2 days before I gave in and went in! If anything, I would possibly ask if they are willing to give you the steroid shots -just- in case your LO is as anxious as mine to enter the world! I'm still holding strong at almost 36 weeks now ;) And after they checked me, my DH asked if I was ok because there was a LOT of blood on the bed, so that shouldn't be too worrisome if it was right after you got checked :flower: best of luck to you!

Ugh, pain came back with a vengeance last night. Horrible cramping every 1 hour to 10 minutes...just really random timing. Midwife sent me to L&D this morning...but they didn't do anything different than she did yesterday (urine test...no results yet, internal, and monitor) the good news is that baby is fine and it's not preterm labour, which made me so happy. But they don't know what it is...the nurse who did my assessment saw me right in the middle of a bout of it, and was convinced that *something* was wrong, even if not pregnancy related, and reassured me that they'll figure it out and do other tests if needed. But by the time the doctor came to see me, I was in between pain and hadn't had an episode for about 20 minutes, so she just said it might be a kidney infection or stones, but was probably just round ligament pain...I KNOW it's not RLP because I had that quite a bit in second tri, and it felt different and nothing near as awful as this. I can't really do anything. When I walk, it starts up again and even if I just start to move my body around in bed. So I'm just hoping it goes away on its own soon, but I'm really frustrated :(

Dissy, I'm glad your LO has stayed put! Yesterday, the MW had told me that we would do steroids if it was PT labour, but I'm glad it's not!

I'm so glad little one is staying put, but I'm so sorry they can't figure out where your pain is coming from :(

Sending good thoughts your way that your body calms down :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->