I have scan envy...

Dougal1983

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
... I just wanna see my bean!!

But I'm only 5wks+3 and I've got to wait 7 whole weeks tomorrow until I can see my bean.
I'd love an early scan but I'm guessing my doc wouldn't let me as I have no previous problems and this is 1st pg.

Argh the suspense is killing me!

I know it seams like ages away, I hope it will fly for you. Somebody else had written this on a thread and somebody had commented to say that 'yes, early scans are great, but generally you're getting one because of multiple previous losses, or complications, so its not all good'

I have to say I agree (as somebody who falls into multiple losses category) I wish I didn't have to go for early scan, but at same time I can't wait!

You can pay for a private one, anywhere between £50-£100 I've seen advertised, so you could go for one of those at 8 weeks if you truly can't wait! =)

I have looked into the private scans and a nearby place does it for £95 but I emailed them on Friday asking about availability (its says to do this on their website) and they've still not responded!!
So I think I'll just wait until 12 weeks- hard as that will be!

I have to wait 5 weeks for mine. :( Feels like ages away.

Oh I hope they reply soon!! Maybe give them a ring? The one near me (York) says just ring and they will fit you in within a couple of days. I wouldn't recommend it before 8 weeks though, as you might not see much and you will just freak yourself out and pay for the pleasure! :dohh:

Tried calling, no answer.

We want to have a 4D scan done so I think we'll save our money for that!

ah you do right!
Well good luck waiting!!! haha! It sucks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->