I have so many questions... please help - feeling disheartened! UPDATED

itwasawendys

Reaction score
I have quite a few questions so I thought I'd stick them all into one thread instead of bombarding the sitem!

I was on the implant for 6 months with no periods. Had it removed on the 4.11.15. I got my first period off it on the 10.12.15 on day 36, so first cycle was 35 days. My next period came on the 11.1.16 on day33, so that cycle was 32 days. I am now on day 31 of this cycle and have had sex every other day to cover my fertile days.

Questions...

1. When should I start testing? I tested today with FMU using a One Step 10mui internet cheap dip test and it was negative. Then with SMU and it was negative. And then using my 3rd wee I tested with a CB digital and it said not pregnant.

2. Approximately how many DPO am I now?

3. If I am enough DPO to be testing and I'm getting negatives, is there still hope this cycle?

4. I have tested a few times this cycle with One Step and haven't so much as even had an evaporation line, even after hours, are they working?

5. Which is more likely to pick up pregnancy first, One Step or CB digital? And if I was pregnant wouldn't one of them at least be picking something up by now as they can be used before missed periods?

Thank you

I never had an implant so I am not sure how it would affect your cycles.

My periods are not regular so I understand the frustration to take hpt not knowing when AF is due.

1. I am also using ic 10mui and I get a lot nasty evaporation lines. I won't ever buy those again. Wondfo is 25mui but was a lot better. Can also buy on line for cheap. I believe cb digital is between 25-50mui. With all said, we suppose to get an early result with the 10mui but as I explained I have my doubts about them.

2. Impossible to know how many dpo you are if you are not charting. I had 32 days cycles with ovulation on cd17 and 32 days cycles with ovulation on cd21. Every woman has a different body and different cycles. I highly recommend you to bbt chart and take opk.

3. Again everyone is different. I saw some lucky ladies who got a bfp at 7dpo, many at 9dpo and some at 14 or 16dpo. When I had my chemical pregnancy I started taking hpt at 7dpo with negative results until 12dpo.

4. I also have my doubts about the quality of ic 10miu. I am also using those and I won't ever buy again.

5. I believe first response is the most sensitive test on market. When I got my bfp at 12dpo I had a very faint line on a wondfo test. I retested with first response, first response digital and clearblue digital all come up positive. Unfortunately I miscarried 3 days later.

I really wish you the best and hope you get a BFP.

I never had an implant so I am not sure how it would affect your cycles.

My periods are not regular so I understand the frustration to take hpt not knowing when AF is due.

1. I am also using ic 10mui and I get a lot nasty evaporation lines. I won't ever buy those again. Wondfo is 25mui but was a lot better. Can also buy on line for cheap. I believe cb digital is between 25-50mui. With all said, we suppose to get an early result with the 10mui but as I explained I have my doubts about them.

2. Impossible to know how many dpo you are if you are not charting. I had 32 days cycles with ovulation on cd17 and 32 days cycles with ovulation on cd21. Every woman has a different body and different cycles. I highly recommend you to bbt chart and take opk.

3. Again everyone is different. I saw some lucky ladies who got a bfp at 7dpo, many at 9dpo and some at 14 or 16dpo. When I had my chemical pregnancy I started taking hpt at 7dpo with negative results until 12dpo.

4. I also have my doubts about the quality of ic 10miu. I am also using those and I won't ever buy again.

5. I believe first response is the most sensitive test on market. When I got my bfp at 12dpo I had a very faint line on a wondfo test. I retested with first response, first response digital and clearblue digital all come up positive. Unfortunately I miscarried 3 days later.

I really wish you the best and hope you get a BFP.

Thank you so much for taking the time to amswer my questions! It is really frustrating and I am losing hope for this cycle now. I think I will go and grab a FRER today and test with that tomorrow morning. I really am doubting these cheap strips... not saying I'm pregnant but even an evap. would be welcome right now! Thanks again!

Pic from today, cycle day 32, snow white!

Attachments

• IMG_20160211_091308.jpg
    IMG_20160211_091308.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 5
I had an implanon before I fell pregnant with my daughter. I bought a months supply of opk tests and tested every morning... I fell pregnant first month because I knew exactly when I was ovulating. I got a really faint bfp at 11 dpo with a frer... it was so light I swear only I could see it. I continued testing fmu and by 14 dpo it was clear (which was day before period due). I think digital tests take longer to show bfp due to the amount of hcg they require to trigger the positive result.

Just an update... cycle day 34 and still no period though I've had negatives on Boots tests, Boots dip tests and a Clear Blue Plus. Today I am erm, very aware of my boobs. They aren't sore but say if I run down the stairs there is a lot of discomfort or if I squeeze them. My last cycle was 32 days long and going by that I should have my period by now and if I'd ovulated surely I would have a positive by now? But if my cycle is 35 days like the one before that, maybe it is still slightly too early to test? Though people get positives at 8DPO, surely there would be something by now. Honestly, should I expect a period?

Attachments

• IMG_20160213_155909.jpg
    IMG_20160213_155909.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel