i have swine flu , anyone else?

twinklestar

2 boys nd 2 girls
Reaction score
only a quick post as i feel so terrible , i started feeling really rough last night and in the last few hours have gotten so much worse , my daughter who is 5 also has it and is running a fever of 39.6, ive called the doctor and was asked to ring the swine flu pandemic who issued anti viruals for us both

im worried about taking mine, i really could use someone who has been through it to tell me what to expect and what they choose to do,

:hugs:

i nursed my husband through it last weekend he was down bad with it and had 5 days at home taking antivirals , thankfully i had the vaccine a few weeks back so only felt a bit fluey for 12 hours or so nothing major

No advice other than take the anti virals.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

I had suspected swine flu a few months back, I was given relenza as opposed to tamiflu as its safer for pregnant ladies due to it being inhaled. Hope you both feel better soon :hugs:

Bless, hope you are feeling better soon x

If you do take it, make sure its ASAP as it is far more effective if taken at an early stage. I myself would probably take it as I suspect it is safer than the effects of a raised body temperature, but it is very much a personal choice. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

xx

i had swine flu at halloween, it was horrible, i remember begging my husband to take me to hospital coz i couldnt stand the pain anymore, my whole body ached & i couldnt walk, i had to crawl to go to the toilet. I didnt take anything for it because my doctor said i had a chest infection so by the time i got diagnosed it was too late to take anything. It lasted about 7 days of feeling awful & about another 3 weeks before i could walk up the stairs without stopping halfway up for a rest. I feel fine now & my baby is fine too.

Make sure you drink lots of fluids & get as much rest as you can.

Hope you start to feel better soon :hugs: xxx

i took tamiflu. the antiviral meds dont rid the flu, it lessens the symptoms. best to take them now before you start feeling worse. good luck with you and your babe.
edit to add that i was 10weeks at the time.

I'm sorry you're feeling so rubbish. I hope you feel better soon x

Is it worth getting properly tested rather than a phone diagnosis before taking the drugs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->