I hurt her bum :(

sugarpuff

Reaction score
i feel horrible... up until now i had been changing audrey's bum at ever feed in the night (usually feeds every 3-4 hours still). last night i decided to try boosting her nappy up to the eyeballs to see if she could make it through the night without a nappy change.

well... she made it through the night with no leaks but now she has red bits on her bum :cry: (i did use a fleece liner)

i've let her be nappy free for the last hour (although she peed twice in that time so not convinced it dried her out much!) and i've put a tiny bit of bepanthen on her bum (used a fleece liner again to protect her nappy !) but i feel so mean, 'tis all my fault her bum hurts. nasty mummy

This happened to me when I started leaving Ryan all night in PUL which is why I started buying night time fitteds and using wool or fleece as it lets their bums breathe. But your not a bad mummy, it's all trial and error x

:hugs: you are not a bad mummy at all. It's all a matter of trial and error, it could have been the fleece liner next to your LO's skin that made it sore as it can hold the moisture. Sometimes it's not nappy realted at all and it's just to do with how concentrate their wee is. You are doing the right thing with a little no nappy time, if you are breastfeeding a little breast milk on the sore bits is supposed t help too. :hugs:

oh bless. I dont actually use fleece liners at night as Id heard some people say they found babies had sore bums in the morning. Theo now is left all night in one of his nappies I keep for nights (bamboo Pop-In, WNNN, HL bedbug or stretchie bamboozle) without a liner, hes usually in it 8 hours, can be more though if I go sleep early. I too am using wool instead of PUL covers on the ones that need it (actually I always put shorties over his pop-ins just incase as hes in our bed!) though I do use his WN PUL cover sometimes and havent had any problems.
It is trial and error though, I found some types of nappy gave Theo big red marks on his back and legs now he has gotten chunkier :(

Your not a bad mummy at all you did what you thought was right :hugs: you'll be amazed how quick it will clear up Hun they are resilient little things :hugs:

My LO gets red bits on his bum if I don't use natural fibre. I can go all night in bamboo with no redness at all (I use bamboozles at night). Not a bad mummy though! I had no idea why Bun would get raised red patches when OH changed him - but then realized he tends to use the fleece pockets, and our LO can only be in those for so long before he starts getting red! Not to worry though - for us it cleared up in less than 24h! We use all natural bum bum balm and it works really really well without coating the diapers & making them less absorbent!

xx

so i shouldn't be using fleece liners at night ? oh the confusion ! i've just used her red bum as an excuse to buy some wool pants and 2 stretchy bamboozles (hehe). i just remembered that i bought a raw silk liner randomly when i was pregnant so shall use that tonight - she's pooping like a trouper today so best not to use it right now ! (how does poo manage to get in her belly button ??)

thanks for all the advice :)

Oh no... I use flips at night with a fleece liner and have done for a few weeks, no problems. She went for 10 hours once :/ Worried she'll get sore!

Hmh.

it seems some do and some dont. Theo wears a lot of fleece lined nappies in the day and no problems but he always has bamboo next to his skin at night now he doesnt wake enough for changing.

We use the LL fleece liners all the time (don't have many fleece lined nappies) and have never had any probs. Freya is in her night nappy 12+ hours sometimes (when they last that long!) and has been for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->