I just don't know!

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
I was absolutely sure I was done but now I'm doing that annoying thing of thinking "maybe just one more" We have a 2 bed with boy and girl so will need to get a 3 bed eventually anyway, my car is small so would need to get new one and would mean time off work again. So it's not a straightforward decision. I'm 29 and my daughter is soon to be 5 so it's really a case of soon or never. I don't want a huge gap between kids but have finally got to a healthy weight and feel healthy. Grrr. No point to post. Hubby doesn't mind, he thinks I'm mental over thinking everything.

I think if you dont feel done, you most likely arent. However i felt like that after my youngest but after finally regaining some sort of independence again (going back to work, holidays, not breastfeeding etc) i am most definitely done.
Maybe give yourself x amount of months to see how you feel?

I was done at 2 and good with it. Ended up with number 3. I am happy now that we’re out of the NB phase! I kept my cuv (no $ for bigger) it’s only 2 rows but I use Diono radians (not positive if spelled right), they are fantastic for 3 in a row. Only you’ll know if you are done.

I know this thread is a bit old but I just wanted to add that I'm torn with the same thoughts. I didn't mind so much the close gaps between my kids in the beginning because I was used to changing diapers, giving baths, dressing them, etc. but as my oldest got more independent, I thought "man this is nice!" so after my fifth child, I decided that I was done. DONE! There was no going back. I had a horrible pregnancy, was sick the entire time, had SPD that nearly crippled me and ended up giving birth to a nearly 10 pounder at the end which was very traumatizing. I was so done that DH had a vasectomy during my pregnancy. My hips and lower back still hurt me every now and then. At the same time though like a dozen people I know are currently pregnant and I can't help but feel that baby fever tugging at my heart. I honestly don't think it ever completely goes away no matter how many kids you have. I know plenty of older women who are well past their prime and still get envious over younger women with babies. The maternal instinct is just coded in our DNA I guess.

Oh go
I know this thread is a bit old but I just wanted to add that I'm torn with the same thoughts. I didn't mind so much the close gaps between my kids in the beginning because I was used to changing diapers, giving baths, dressing them, etc. but as my oldest got more independent, I thought "man this is nice!" so after my fifth child, I decided that I was done. DONE! There was no going back. I had a horrible pregnancy, was sick the entire time, had SPD that nearly crippled me and ended up giving birth to a nearly 10 pounder at the end which was very traumatizing. I was so done that DH had a vasectomy during my pregnancy. My hips and lower back still hurt me every now and then. At the same time though like a dozen people I know are currently pregnant and I can't help but feel that baby fever tugging at my heart. I honestly don't think it ever completely goes away no matter how many kids you have. I know plenty of older women who are well past their prime and still get envious over younger women with babies. The maternal instinct is just coded in our DNA I guess.

Oh gosh I couldn't relate more to you on this. Just had our 5th in June as well and it was a rough pregnancy...I was so ready to be done done done. I'm getting the IUD next week but that maternal instinct will never go away. Even though there is no way I could handle a 6th my heart will always miss pregnancy/expecting another baby.
It's going to be a big adjustment as it feels like I've been pregnant for the last 7 years with my kids being all close in age.
But like you said I don't think that longing for another new baby will ever fully go away...at least no for me right now. Maybe in time.

Oh go

Oh gosh I couldn't relate more to you on this. Just had our 5th in June as well and it was a rough pregnancy...I was so ready to be done done done. I'm getting the IUD next week but that maternal instinct will never go away. Even though there is no way I could handle a 6th my heart will always miss pregnancy/expecting another baby.
It's going to be a big adjustment as it feels like I've been pregnant for the last 7 years with my kids being all close in age.
But like you said I don't think that longing for another new baby will ever fully go away...at least no for me right now. Maybe in time.

OP- that desire for another may always be there for you no matter what. Maybe just go with the flow and see what happens rather than thinking too much into it :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->