I just keep crying :-(

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
Hi,

Its day 6, LO has been nursing constantly for 5 hours now and im just SO emotional. I just look ay my 2 year old and breakdown because I miss spending as much time with her, ive felt petmenantly glued to my LO since she was born.

I really want to continue breastfeeding but am finding it so hard, with the tiredness (2 hours sleep last night), the constant feeding but most of all missing my daughter :-( I appreciate now just how much time we had together to play, cuddle and bond before LO came along.

Is this hormones??

It really does sound hormonal.
Feeding for those long stretches would be hard on anyone, having other children is even tougher.
What support do you have around you?
As you know I'm all confused and learning too but I wanted you to know you aren't alone xx

Thank you :)
My Husband is here 24/7 as he is on 2 weeks paternity leave and is wonderful. He looks after our dd1 and does a lot, I'd have caved without him I think.
I just keep getting these rushes of emotion and burst into tears and sob :-(
I hope it eases off soon..........at least a few hours sleep would help!

It is definitley hormones. I cry at nothing all the time!

I had exactly this!! I just cried and cried that I couldn't be with my daughter as much :-( My mum took her to my nephews birthday party when my newborn was 4 days old and it broke my heart that I couldn't take her.
However, I can safely say that it's hormones. I'm still a little sad every now and then but only in a normal way, nowhere near as tearful and I can feel that I deal with if much better now.
Those hormones are nasty things in the early days. I made myself feel better by thinking that I have a younger sibling myself and have absolutely no memories of ever feeling left out by my mum and I wouldn't be without my brother now. I'm hoping this will be the same for my little girl too.
It does get easier to deal with the 'sadness' that you're feeling, I promise xxx

Edited to say my little boy is 12 weeks now and it got easier when he was around 2 weeks xx

I had a day when ds was 5 days where I cried all day.
I was absolutely fine after that.
Xx

you might want to consider getting a ring sling or a wrap. You can feed your LO in them and have hands free to do stuff with your 2 year old.
Also the constant feeding is likely cluster feeding and perfectly normal. The first few weeks are the hardest but it will get easier.

Hope you are okay!
I found the first 5 days so hard because it's painful and you are sore as it is and getting hardly any sleep but it will get easier :) hugs to you!!!x

Massive hugs. :hugs:
This definitely sounds like hormones. Mine didn't settle for weeks, until I got help for PPD. Be sure to speak up if you need help!

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Last night was better she woke every 2 hours to feed so i got some sleep in between and I nursed her while lying down so managed to dose a bit too. Its amazing what a bit of sleep can do I feel more positive this morning. Im just praying the 7 day growth spurt came yesterday and im not in for a LONG day of cluster feeding today.
Our DD is wonderful with the LO and so that helps. If she were clingy with me id be in bits I think!

Glad u had a better night.
Sleep deprevation is a killer!

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Last night was better she woke every 2 hours to feed so i got some sleep in between and I nursed her while lying down so managed to dose a bit too. Its amazing what a bit of sleep can do I feel more positive this morning. Im just praying the 7 day growth spurt came yesterday and im not in for a LONG day of cluster feeding today.
Our DD is wonderful with the LO and so that helps. If she were clingy with me id be in bits I think!

Oh yes it does sound like a growth spurt, congrats! :) Our little one couldn't stop feeding at that time too bless her. The next day we found out she had put on weight and stopped losing! And 2 days after that she reached her birth weight! :) I was expressing at the time (bleeding nipples), though so was glued to the pump :( I was extremely emotional and couldn't stop crying! What helped was going back to work. I stopped being so emotional at about 20 days post partum.
Cluster feeding does wonders for your supply, as you know. I also found co-sleeping and nursing lying down the only way I could cope (I work during the day and I take care of her during the night, often times getting in only 2 hours of sleep..very difficult.. but what helps is feeling blessed that I can again BF and also knowing that it is just a phase). I invested in a sling which helps me do other stuff while holding the baby :hugs: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->