I just knew this would happen...

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
Dh and I decided to start ntnp this past weekend. Now I want to be pregnant. Like NOW. :haha:

I was really hoping to be relaxed about it all but I don't want to wait.

I'm so impatient. :shy::haha:

Hi too scared! We're ntnp and I'm actually afraid that I'll start to feel that way too. But, as much as I hated hearing it when ttc, I just keep telling myself it will happen it's supposed to if it's supposed to. Doesn't help at all, lol, but oddly enough I'm doing ok with it. I guess old habits don't always die hard.

I think that since I finally decided that another baby is something that I want I don't know if I can actually do ntnp. :shy: I feel like if we ntnp too long I'll be too old to have a baby before we catch. :wacko: I just turned 37 in January and the clock is ticking loudly. :(

I understand that. I used want to wait have my son be at least 3, but preferred 4 when baby #2 came, but then after seeing at home with himself and wanting someone to play with, and the fact it took us 2 years to conceive him, I obviously drastically bumped that timeline up. I get scared and wonder what if we can't do it again. But I know I don't want to turn into the crazed person I was when we were actively ttc. It took such a toll on us individually and our marriage, which was a rough recovery process. So ntnp works fine for me, and I just have to constantly bring myself back from the ledge of actively ttc.

I can completely understand that. :hugs:

We didn't have trouble conceiving but I did have two mc's before my son. It's scary and stressful and I said I just couldn't do it again. His delivery was very, very hard as well. I have decided to try to put all that out of my head and try again because I would love to see our little guy with a sibling.

Hi

I'm with you on the impatience!

DD was from a previous relationship and DS is to current OH, his first. He is 35 and I am 25 and understandably he doesn't want to be too old when the kids are in their teens etc. so we decided I wouldn't go on bc after DS was born. I breasted for 3 months but he is weaned and formula fed only now has been for around 2 weeks. Just waiting to see when AF will show up or when I will ovulate.

Little background though. I was on Cerzette after DD but it made me bleed for weeks at a time so went for depo shots Instead which I had for 6 months before we decided to ttc, it took us a year in total to conceive DS and my periods were not back to being regular I think I had 3 in the year before falling pregnant. Then after DS I got endometritis (inflammation of womb) which was treated with antibiotics but I am still worried that it will gave caused damage even though I know it's silly I can't help worrying about it. I think I kind of hoped to take advantage of the more fertile time after birth but nothing so far which adds to my worry although breastfeeding probably didn't help lol but we shall see

I know I am so blessed to have 2 beautiful babies but it hurts to worry that my family isn't complete and what if it won't be. I'm doing OPKs and cm checking but opks seem to get to a certain level of darkness but not quite positive and I took a green handled Ic the other day that gave off a very convincing evap that wasn't nice but that's what you get for buying cheap tests lol

:hugs: Maybe your opk's are the ones that don't get super dark? Maybe you're still not ovulating yet? I think it'll happen very soon now that your son is weaned.

Af came back for me the day before kiddo turned 8 months. It was very irregular for the past few months but this time it came much sooner so I'm hoping that means I'm ovulating again now. I'm still bf every 2-3 hours throughout the day and almost every 1-2 hours overnight (every now and then he'll sleep a 3 hour stretch... :coffee: why do I want another one?! :haha:) so who knows what's going on, really. I can't temp because I don't sleep a long enough stretch at any time. :wacko: I'm just cm checking right now too.

Nurse, I know how you feel to worry that something may be wrong. I feel like that sometimes and I know for me it's just an irrational fear. If the meds took care of the endo then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Easier said than done I know. And no, the breastfeeding didn't help I'm sure. Maybe now that he is weaned it will be a quick process for you.

Wow Scared, can't believe he still gets up like that. Has he always been that way or is it only through growth spurts?

I can count the number of times he's slept more than 4 hours at a stretch on one hand. He's always been like this. It's hard! Bed sharing and laying down to nurse him helps a lot. He's just recently decided that 6:30 is the best time to get up. He's going to sleep 9-9:30. Then up every 2 hours until about 3:30 and then every hour until 6:30. Usually he will stir, I get him latched, and then we both go back to sleep but last week and into this week he's been tough to settle back to sleep. It seems that's stopping again now, thankfully!

There was a time when he would sleep 12 hours, still waking every 1-3 hours, but barely stirring before nursing and sleeping again. I miss those days! Haha!

I know I'm 100% ready to be TTC again but my husband doesn't want the stress of it so we're NTNP but I'm still charting and of course I'll make sure we dtd when I ovulated. I just can't not be TTC lol.

My AF just went back to normal in December and my son sounds just like yours with the breast feeding. He does really good during the day and will usually take a bottle but he's been sleeping with us for months. It's so much easier I don't even have to wake all the way up to do nightly feedings.

I too question why I want another but he was, and still is, such a high needs baby I just keeping telling myself lo #2 can't be much more needy and maybe I'll get on easy baby next time. And on top of that I'm convinced my DH wants one! Lol. Every time he sees a baby he gets excited and says 'bee-bee'.

Other than the sleep thing our kiddo is the easiest kid ever. He barely cried, very laid back and quiet. Very observant. But, he still has every nap on me and wakes a lot overnight. Everyone keeps telling us our second is going to be a nightmare. I'm actually quite scared. Finn barely spit up, no colic, no crying really. I don't know how I'll handle a kiddo like that. I am hoping that babywearing will help with a lot of those issues.

Dh really wants a second. I shocked him when I suggested ntnp. He said he was finally just getting used to the idea of only one because I was so adamant I only wanted one. Things changed very quickly.

I used to not want kids and hubbs wanted 3. Now he's the one who's willing to hold off and I'm sure we'll have at least 3, lol.

I never wanted kids. We joke that it took dh 12 years to wear me down. Haha! Then I decided OK, one kiddo. Now I know 2 is my limit. I know I'll be too old for a third and we definitely wouldn't be able to afford a third.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->