I just need to vent! Am I going crazy? (TTC # 1)

Ch74_rod

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry for venting, but I just need to get it out. The pressure I am feeling is so heavy, I feel like it is burying me.....

I've been TTC with my partner (46) for close to 12 months, and to date, nothing yet has happened. For years, I hid the thought I couldn't have a baby because my older sister went through menopause at 32. I finally had the courage to see a doctor to make sure everything was okay a few months ago and was told that there was nothing 'wrong with me', that I was 'capable' of having a baby...BUT - that I didn't have that many eggs left and that I needed to 'hurry up'.

My partner also had every test known to man - and was told that there was nothing wrong. That he was quite 'virile'..LOL.:).. SO WHY IS IT NOT HAPPENING FOR ME?

I'm 3 days late....and after spending the last few days pretending that I didn't care if it they arrived, I just found some brown discharge - which I know can only mean one thing - and it breaks my heart and I know that it will be another month of stress, hopefulness, fear and anger to go through.

To add more stress to my life, I am driving my partner away because of my 'obsession'. He is unable to give me the support that I am seeking, is bewildered by my constant breakdowns, is pulling away because I am constantly picking fights and is now starting to feel like a second priority to 'having a baby'.

We've agreed to take a break, which is a blessing because currently I cannot emotionally support both the needs of maintaining a relationship and of dealing with the strain of not being able to fall pregs.

Which has it's own obvious issues! So I am riding the worst emotional roller coaster ride of my life and I just want to get off, if I only knew how!

It's time for more wine and a new box of tissues for me....:cry:

Thanks for listening....

I could have written your post TTC number 1, I just never knew it would take so long. I just assumed you stop BC and you fall pregnant. I only wish that it was that easy for everyone.
I am so sorry that is beginning to influence your relationship. TTC is emotional draining. It is not a positive happy experience when you TTC long term.
I can give you all the statistics of the chances that you have each month of falling pregnant even when everything is timed perfectly. But I know you have probably read everything, know that and tried everything.
So just want to send you and your DH great big hugs. Maybe try and plan a you and him weekend away (no where near Ovulation time because if you are anything like me you could not help yourself)

Mammatotwo, thanks so much for your kind words....

I know I'm not the only one going through it, i others are far worse or in the same position - but sometimes knowing doesn't make it any easier. Thank you...:)

It is all consuming and does take over your life and your disappointment is no less anyone elses.
Enjoy your wine :flower: Sending you :dust: to use when you are ready.

Hi, sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. I am only on the start of this journey and already devastated at not getting a BFP on my second month TTC! not only is it exhausting (physically and mentally LOL) but its a strain too, you have my full sympathies. However, now you have both taken a breather then hopefully you can start building from there again, and you never know it may just happen! I hope everything works out for you, and wishing you the very best of luck and baby dust xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->