I just terrified my OH!

alex_85

Reaction score
My OH texted me just now saying "alex alex why dont you love me anymore?", cos I haven't been talking to him much today, which is a running joke we have, and I decided to call his bluff, so I texted him back "I love you very much...I want to have your babies and be with you for a very long time", with a winky face :haha:

He text me back "ok hold your horses, where is that coming from?" :rofl:

Oh dear... I told him not to panic!

Bloody men, we've been together two and half years, we're moving in together officially, does he think I'm just hanging around till something better comes along? :shrug: Even though I was only joking around to scare him, I'm a bit dissapointed in his reaction! :blush:

:rofl: that's funny... men are so wierd. My OH talks about the future and things with me, but he always panics when we talk about LO's that I want them this minute...

Sounds a bit insensitive :wacko: I wouldn't like that if my OH said that. My OH wouldn't say that, he is the one that talks about moving in and babies, and says he would like to have kids one day and says hopefully it's with me, and ive only known him a couple of months. Your OH sounds like he didn't understand your feelings or your perspective when he said what he did... I think he should leave you in no doubt that he cares about you a lot, and wether or not he would like kids? And he should make it clear that he hopes to have them with you. IMO you did the right thing by saying you want to have kids with him. It's good to be honest and upfront.

Guys sure are cute :haha: Sent mine into a panic the other night when I mentioned the whole "curious about babies" thing, and we've been together for 10 years!! Made me giggle

My OH is the same and we have been together for a similar amount of time. We have lived together for about a year and half though. We have just bought a house and he is still terrified at the thought of babies I think (even though we are NTNP).

xxx

I was with my OH 7 years before we TTC and fell straight away with Isabella. So 2.5years and counting, sounds pretty heavenly to me lol. It was like hell on earth waiting for so long, but was well worth it as it meant we spent a very long time together getting to know each other and enjoying time as a couple. I didn't appreciate it at the time, but I sure as hell do now!

That would dissapoint me too!

My OH says that he wants me to be the mother of his children lol and talks about our future/how many kids we want and we have been together about the same length of time as you. We moved in together after two years but I made it quite clear to him that I am not moving intogether just 'because'.I have every intention of staying with him marrying him and having kids together so I was glad we were on the same page before we moved in!

Have you talked about the future at all with him? x

mine admitted that he really wants babies but still goes "AAAAAA WAIT UNTIL I'M 30" whenever I mention them! He thinks 30 is this magical age where babies will suddenly become totally ideal for him ;)

Rubbish I say!

Ok, well, we've just had a big fight and I'm sitting here in tears :cry:

He has a really odd (in my opinion) outlook on life, and he just doesn't understand me at all sometimes. I have asked him over and over again to be more affectionate/tell me that he loves me etc etc. His opinion is that saying you love a person doesn't mean anything, its 'just a word', and just because someone says it doesn't mean they mean it. Which of course makes me wonder if HE means it, and does he believe me when I say I love him?

He also reckons that I am never happy when he says he loves me. When we are apart he will text me before he goes to sleep and says it, but when we are together he doesn't really. He also isn't very affectionate, and doesn't like me to be 'all over him', so I have tried to cut down on the hugs and kisses I give him, but whenever he says he will try to be more affectionate towards me it lasts a week or two and then he is back to normal. I get that some people are just like that, and I appreciate him making the effort to change, and he has told me that if he stops, just gently remind him, but we always end up arguing over it.

I just feel so sad at the moment, because we had been getting on really well, and I was looking forward to moving in with him, but this thing just keeps on coming up, with him saying I'm never happy, and me feeling misunderstood and just wanting him to show me every so often how he really feels. I can't keep on doing this, and at the moment I don't see a way of solving the problem :nope::cry: I don't know what to do.

Awww honey hugs. I go through patches like this with my OH. You just gotta work through it. At the end of the day he does my head in sometimes but I love him to bits and couldnt imagine life without him!

xxx

A few years back my hubby (wasnt my hubby at the time) was moaning about having hiccups so I told him I was pregnant he just went white as a sheet and said "are you serious?" I just replied nope but look dear youv stoped hiccuping :)
he just sat there grumbling "haha very bloody funny" :)

Forgot to say when I did get my bfp I asked him "what would you say if I told you I was pregnant?" his reply was "I wouldnt belive you im not falling for that again" :)

Sorry to hear that Alex. Men are such strange creatures.

I managed to really piss off my OH yesterday when I called him yet again with HTP results (it was pos, so I think) and he just went off on me. :cry:

Sorry to hear that Alex. Men are such strange creatures.

I managed to really piss off my OH yesterday when I called him yet again with HTP results (it was pos, so I think) and he just went off on me. :cry:

:cry: I know, I really don't get them either. I had a quick look at your other thread, and I think I can see some faint lines:hugs: I had a similar sort of thing a few months back, I kept getting faint lines and negatives, and I was POAS like mad, and my OH just got snappy, he was like oh just wait! I mean...duh, of course I can't wait. Then I got my period a week late and it was so painful, I was doubled over, and there was 'bits' in the blood, so I dunno if it was a chemical or what but he didn't really seem that bothered :nope:

A few years back my hubby (wasnt my hubby at the time) was moaning about having hiccups so I told him I was pregnant he just went white as a sheet and said "are you serious?" I just replied nope but look dear youv stoped hiccuping :)
he just sat there grumbling "haha very bloody funny" :)

:happydance: Good one! Must remember that:haha:

Men are just... weird? LOL
Whenever I talk about babies when he's in a good mood, he'll just have a conversation with me about babies, pregnancy etc.
Whenever I talk about babies whenever he's in a bad mood, he thinks I'm annoying.

:haha:

We're NTNP right now (We use withdrawal but sometimes not 100%), and he KNOWS that this could get me pregnant, and it doesn't freak him out AT ALL.
He doesn't care if we dtd whenever I'm ovulating.
He says "whatever happens , happens".
He says he's ready etc etc..

Now if I start about wanting to TTC, he kind of freaks out.. :dohh:
I don't know why?
Since we could get pregnant right now cause he doesn't pull out on time alot, he doesn't care about that yet he doesnt want to TTC.

Silly men.:wacko::haha:

Hey Alex don't be sad :hugs:

I think 'i never make you happy' is one of those annoying sayings they seem to get taught at man school. I'm pretty sure they just say it to guilt trip us into not giving them hassle. Men will say anything for an easy life!

Maybe before you move in you need to sit down and speak about what future you both want. If baby's arn't even on the agenda you need to know cos once us women have it in our heads we want one there's no getting rid of that feeling. Xx

Sorry to hear that Alex, you know things might be better when you live together and you get more time together. I tend to swamp my partner too (and I don't think I'm terribly romantic) but he shows his love in different ways too. For example he always, always answers his phone straight away or texts me back immediately. When we meet up, he's always on time. I know it doesn't sound like much but he never, never lets me down and spends a lot of time with me. I'll pass on the flowers for that.

I tell him that it doesn't sound like he means it when he tells me he loves me and its a bit of a running joke with us. But I know he does. I find it hard to tell someone I love them too, sometimes saying it sounds cheap because it is so deep.

I had to have the baby talk with my partner 2 years ago. 'Look you know I'm 36, if we want to have kids I'll have to start next year' and he took it well but man, that was an awkward conversation! We'd only been seeing each other for a year and I felt like I was rushing things. Still thats what he gets for dating a woman in her mid to late thirties!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->