I just want to cry!!!!

LittleLala

Expecting #3!
Reaction score
UGHHHHHH

So, after a year of my dh and I ttc #1 & 1 mc, we took a break from ttc for a while.
We recently started again, which resulted in a chemical last week.
I was so excited to start trying again, I had almost forgotten how heart breaking it can be.

After not being very happy with my gp, I decided to see a new one.

Anyway, last week my new doctor ran heaps of blood tests to test for EVERYTHING. I got the results back today.
Overall, it was quite good.

One test he ran was to see if I was immune to chickenpox. I had always been told that I was from my other GP (who I have had majority of my life) because my mother had chickenpox while pregnant with me and my twin sister.
Well, turns out that I'm not immune! So I had to get an injection today, and then another one in 6 weeks time... and then I have to wait 4 weeks after that until I can start trying again.

So, no more trying for TEN WHOLE WEEKS! Ugh! It's killing me inside!! That feels like forever, and I was so excited to start trying again, because I often hear that you can be most fertile after a chemical...

I just want to start again! Annnnnd I'm so angry that my previous gp never ran a test to see if I was immune, rather than just assuming! If I did fall pregnant and catch the chickenpox early on, it could have resulted in a loss!

Sorry for such a long post, I just wanted to vent it out!

Anyone else need to vent? I will listen.

Good luck to you all, I will be cheering you on in the sidelines for the next 10 weeks haha :)

so sorry about the set back hun but im sure the time will flyby! xx

As frustrating as it is at least you will be more protected for your little one when the time comes :)

Argh how annoying! But at least you KNOW you will be safe to carry a baby inside you when it does happen. Don't get wound up too much though, we all know how stress can affect TTC.

thanks everyone! I know I am doing the right thing. It just kinda sucks...

UGHHHHHH

So, after a year of my dh and I ttc #1 & 1 mc, we took a break from ttc for a while.
We recently started again, which resulted in a chemical last week.
I was so excited to start trying again, I had almost forgotten how heart breaking it can be.

After not being very happy with my gp, I decided to see a new one.

Anyway, last week my new doctor ran heaps of blood tests to test for EVERYTHING. I got the results back today.
Overall, it was quite good.

One test he ran was to see if I was immune to chickenpox. I had always been told that I was from my other GP (who I have had majority of my life) because my mother had chickenpox while pregnant with me and my twin sister.
Well, turns out that I'm not immune! So I had to get an injection today, and then another one in 6 weeks time... and then I have to wait 4 weeks after that until I can start trying again.

So, no more trying for TEN WHOLE WEEKS! Ugh! It's killing me inside!! That feels like forever, and I was so excited to start trying again, because I often hear that you can be most fertile after a chemical...

I just want to start again! Annnnnd I'm so angry that my previous gp never ran a test to see if I was immune, rather than just assuming! If I did fall pregnant and catch the chickenpox early on, it could have resulted in a loss!

Sorry for such a long post, I just wanted to vent it out!

Anyone else need to vent? I will listen.

Good luck to you all, I will be cheering you on in the sidelines for the next 10 weeks haha :)

sorry to hear that... the waiting is the worst

im in a similar position now, just got my FS and hes running blood test to see if im immune to rubella because im pretty sure my mam said she wasn't immune when she was pregnant with me but cant remember if I was vaccinated as a child (although I think I was) guess I just have to wait and find out

Oh no, JJKCB. I hope you are immune! It is so important.
Waiting is the worst part...

Congrats on your CPD of Science, your ticker says today is the day! yay!

Oh no, JJKCB. I hope you are immune! It is so important.
Waiting is the worst part...

Congrats on your CPD of Science, your ticker says today is the day! yay!

thank you :flower:

I think it needs updating though because it was 2 months ago though

Oh no Big hugs :hugs: :hugs:

I cant imagine how I would feel If I was told I couldnt TTC for 10 weeks, any set back would just create what Ifs.
BUT I am a strong believer everything happens for a reason so get the 10 weeks done (as hard as it will be) and my fingers will be tightly crossed you get your BFP when you get back to it and just think your be able to go through your pregnancy with one less worry.

Good Luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->