I just want to know I'm not alone! Symptom question..

MrsTorchwood

Reaction score
Ever since the beginning, I've gotten a painful ache in the lower abdomen once or even twice a night. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all. It honestly feels like gas, constipation, diarrhea. Just the feeling that I'm going to or need to have a BM and it hurts! Anytime I try to have a BM when this feeling happens, nothing comes out.

During my last scan, the doctor, (for the first time in my life), told me that my uterus was pointed toward my back. He didn't make it seem like that would be any issue at all. Is my uterus pushing on my bowels? Again, this has been happening from the start and the pain/discomfort at night has not gotten worse. So...it's hard to believe it's because of a growing uterus.
This did not happen before pregnancy. The only reason I ask is because it wakes me up each time it happens and nothing that I do relieves it. The pain just goes away over time.

Any advice?

Am I alone in this?

My next appointment is at 16 weeks and I'm not entirely concerned that it will be a problem as far as the success of the pregnancy is concerned. I have not had any spotting whatsoever since the pregnancy began.

I REALLY just want to know if it's just my own defect/burden or if other folks experience it as well.

Thanks for reading!

Iv had like an ache in my pelvic area it almost feela like I have to hold it sometimes it feels like a stitch or trapped wind is the closest I can put it. Had it for about 4-5 days and im 5+3 today. Iv had tiny bits of brown spotting once when my af was duw and then today. Iv been told this is normal and could be round ligament pain as things are getting bigger and moving outward and upward?
Domt have a definate answer but your not alone pain and discomfort wise xx

Iv had like an ache in my pelvic area it almost feela like I have to hold it sometimes it feels like a stitch or trapped wind is the closest I can put it. Had it for about 4-5 days and im 5+3 today. Iv had tiny bits of brown spotting once when my af was duw and then today. Iv been told this is normal and could be round ligament pain as things are getting bigger and moving outward and upward?
Domt have a definate answer but your not alone pain and discomfort wise xx

Thanks for responding. Yeah, I know the pain that you're talking about. Most definitely know that I'm not alone in the pain and discomfort department! Who knew it would start hurting so fast? XP It's the kind of pain that I'm having that seems strange to me. Doesn't feel at all like uterine pain. Feels like bowel pain and at strange times (at night while I'm sleeping).
Good luck!

Yea i had that on my first pregnancy and it was so painfull it would wake me up and i was really worried, sadly that pregnancy ended in mc but i dont think the pains had anything to do with it as i had the pains again when i was pregnant with ds except they weren't as sore the 2nd time so im guessing its round ligament pain with things starting to stretch or possibly just extreme trapped wind. Im only 5 weeks now but haven't had it yet with this pregnancy. Happy and healthy 9 months to you x

I get this and have had it with all 4 of my pregnancies, I didn't find out till my 2nd pregnancy (ended with a mc) that I have a tilted womb and it tilts to the back so I do think that is maybe what causes it xx

Thanks for replying, scissors! =)

ChristiansMum, I'm trying to figure out how to private message you. Can you tell me any advantages or disadvantages you have had with a tilted uterus? Does the tummy not expand quite so much? More back pain? Is giving birth a little easier since it would be like a water slide? These are questions I'd love to have answered if you would! Thanks for your time,

I've got tilted uterus now 11 weeks and 2 had severe constipation as a result lot of wind pain also. One benefit is slow to show this is my second pregnancy and not showing at all. Had uss yesterday and all was well. It will ease as the uterus expands and moves forward usual in same position as everyone else by 12/14 weeks. Although last preys an y had back pr

Don't know why that happened it sent before I'd finished. Was trying to say I had back pain all through my last pregnancy severe at times and do huni it was due to tilted uterus. Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->