i keep seeing

vickilouise

Reaction score
i keep seeing adverts on websites and magazines regarding companies that store you baby's umbilical cord for its stem cells? has anyone else thought about it?

i keep seeing adverts on websites and magazines regarding companies that store you baby's umbilical cord for its stem cells? has anyone else thought about it?

No!

It cost money to save your own baby's cord.

Mello

Yeah I've seen it. I'm sure I saw a TV programme on it. They suggested that there were some inscrupulous companies out there that would freeze anything even if it wasn't sufficiently high quality. I'm sure the reporter sent off his own blood sample and they even stored that even though normal blood has next to no stem cells in (if I remember correctly).

Have you looked into it? I thought it was mega bucks?

I did look into this when pregnantn with Sere but then decided I would rather she got the benefit from the cells after birth instead of her perhaps needing them in the future.

I read about it, but it's expensive apparently so I didn't and won't be in the future either. :o

i didnt really look into it like, i just wondered on others opinions as im only just finding me feet with being pregnant.... is it fair to say its waste of time and money then?

I had a quick look into it, but as much as I thought it could be a good thing, I couldnt do it for my daughter as it wasn't offered back then, so I didn't think it was fare to have something like that for just one kiddie. Plus, how much?!?!? :wacko: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->