I keep spotting :( .. final update post 33 :( ..

JWandBump

Reaction score
For the past 4/5 day everyday ive had a bit of spotting atleast once or twice a day. Its mixed in with discharge and mainly only a streak or two. Im not in any pain.

Last wednesday i had a early scan when the spotting first started, i could see a tiny baby and heartbeat. They couldn't see any sign of bleeding.

I can't stop panicking tho i wish this spotting would stop before it was a dark brown old blood colour but today its been more red/pink. I stil have pregnancy symptoms tike tender boobs and tiredness.

I have no one to talk to i just want to cry :nope:

:hugs: for piece of mind you could always go to the doctor and tell them for reassurance. I went to the doctor 6 times in my first 6 weeks of pregnancy due to sever cramping. but everything was fine!

Yes, I would second that. It is better to go to the doctor's office and get yourself checked out rather than worrying alone.

I went to the ER twice and to the doctor once for spotting in the early weeks. I didn't care if they thought I was nuts, I needed peace of mind. For me luckly it was nothing (i'll be 16 weeks on saturday) and I am sure that for you it also isn't anything major, but it is so much better than stressing your self!

I've just had a bit more so thats 3x today :(
Ill ring in the morning and see if they can see me. Its 8.25pm right now so i dont think theres anything i can do..
I feel so lost right now...

I hope you get some answers in the morning. I know how stressful it can be I had red and pink bleeding for a good 4 weeks. They never found a reason but it did stop and I’m now 23 weeks.

I had a lot of spotting with my first pregnancy. It turned out to be a subchorionic hematoma, which is super common and usually resolves itself by 20 weeks. I actually have it again with this pregnancy but no spotting so far. If you can get in for an ultrasound ask them to check for a hematoma. Good luck and I hope the best for you!

My doctor always reminds me that I am welcome to call any time, day or night. If they're not in, I can leave a message and they'll get back to me as soon as someone's in the office. He urged me to call anytime there is any bleeding or any symptoms that leave me concerned.

My previous provider's office also reassured me that they preferred that someone call "too much" rather than not enough.

I hope you can get seen and that it ends up being nothing serious. :)

Did they find the source of the spotting? It's usually a small part they can see on the scan, it can continue to bleed whilst it resolves by itself. Call the early pregnancy unit and see what they suggest, when I went for a scan at 7 weeks for spotting they said they see it in about 40% of pregnancies so it's quite common.

They couldnt see amything last time. Ive just got of the phone to them and they said they will see me thursday morning as that will be a week from my last scan. When i got of the phone i had a bit more so i just burst into tears again. Why is it so hard just to try and relax and think positive :( also suffering with quite a few period type pains today :(

I'm so sorry, the early days are the worst waiting to see if your baby will stick. Have you been tracking your progression on tests? That has been a huge comfort to me with my anxiety! <3

Its hard isnt it, with my other two pregnancies i was very lucky and never had no issues so this is so new to me :(

No i thought it might make me worse if one was fainter than another. I suffer with anxiety aswell which makes it harder. Was even to scared to have a bath tonight, makes me sound so silly xx

You don't sound silly, you sound like a worried momma! But I would be comforted by the fact that you've had successful pregnancies already. Odds are this one will be fine too in that case. Every pregnancy is different, so spotting this time doesn't mean anything is wrong.

Well ive had no more blood over night.

When I got up i had a bit more but its gone back to brown colour. It wasnt red or pink. Is that a good sign? Or still not? There wasnt no discharge with that just abit of old blood when i wiped agter a wee..

Shall i ring the early pregnancy unit and see if they will see me today instead of tomorrow xxx

It's worth seeing if they'll see you today, bleeding in small amounts is usually not to worry, I was told it's bad when you're soaking pads, I know how stressful this is, limbo is the worst :hugs:

I would as stress is not good for you or the baby xx hopefully you get another scan and baby is growing perfectly x

I had bleeding at 7-8 weeks and it was bright red.
Afterwards, I had brown, and my doctor told me, if you see brown, it's okay because it's old blood. It's bright red she liked a little less (although she wasn't overly concerned because she said everything looked fine). Turns out the blood was from blood vessel that popped in the cervix. I had a lot of pain so it had me very worried but everything turned out fine!

FX for your echo, but blood doesn't always equal the worst! But I can totally understand freaking out because I was a mess then!

Thank you that makes me feel a bit better :) they couldn't get me in today so i got my appointment at 9 in morning. Hoping it goes by quickly xxx

Spotting is actually so common in early pregnancy it is practically a symptom of pregnancy. Most women who spot will get it between 4 and 9 weeks, sometimes later!

I've had two pregnancies and both I've spotted with, around 6 weeks it started, and with this second pregnancy it lasted longer, and in fact, I had a lot more 'fresher blood'.

TMI but I noticed with this second pregnancy when I was still spotting around 9 weeks, about an hour after a bowel movement, fresher spotting would occur. I wasn't even straining, but I guess anything down that area can irritate you somehow!

Both scans I had no obvious cause for the spotting, and I tried my best to see that as a good sign.

You have to think, your uterus is already growing, even though baby will be absolutely tiny. In general more blood will be pumping to the uterus when things are growing etc, so theres always going to be a higher chance of spotting.

You will always naturally worry, I did every time! But just know it is extremely common and usually not a cause for concern unless there's a lot of red blood or pain. Even cramping/aching is quite common.

Fingers crossed your scan goes well!

I'm sorry you are having this awful scare.... May your appointment ease your mind. Hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->