I knew I shouldn't have started temping!

Lyo28

Reaction score
I though temping would be a good way to put my mind at rest to see I definitely ovulated. Well I am now worried as my temp increase after ovulation is kinda lame.Went from 35.95 to 36.17 but out of my previous six temps one was 36.06 so it is very small.

I worry over everything as it is and not I am worried I have low progesterone or something! What is wrong with me. If I was a normal human being I would see the temp increase and think oh good, it looks like I ovulated, but not me. I think why is it so little, why does it not seem as big of a change as other peoples charts!

Sometimes I wish there was no such thing as OPKs and temping and the internet as then I wouldn't get myself in such a worry over everything!

Rant over.

I don't temp- just the thought of it stresses me, lol. Don't ask me why I'll do everything BUT that! I make no sense! It IS good that the temp did go up though- so a good sign! Really, all you CAN do is have a whole lotta sex- and the rest doesn't really matter because without the sex.. nothing can happen :haha: I hope some of the other ladies who temp can give you some more wisdom! :hugs:

Thanks Holly, that was why I hadn't temped all this time ttc, I just knew I would overanalyse!

besides it is true, lots of sex is the way to go! I think I just feel the need to know and control every aspect of my cycle right now, I really really want to let go a little bit.

We are going to Paris in a few weeks for our anniversary and if AF arrives the week before it then I am giving up OPKs, temping and observing cm for all that next month and just jumping DH!

OVERANALYZER:hi: Hi, my name is Holly and it's been 2 seconds since I last overanalyzed something! :haha: I am REALLLLLLLY bad about that! I think letting go (or trying to) is what's the hardest.. it is for me right now in the 2ww!

Paris--- ahhhh I am JEALOUS!! Hopefully you'll have a 3rd little passenger on board in your belly! :baby:

I really hope so I will have a little passenger only time will tell.

I am so glad I am not the only one who overanalyses, I think DH thinks I have gone crazy sometimes when he sees me reading fertility books and temping and all that, He so doesn't get it.

I have only temped one day so far (today), so maybe when it's time for my TWW I'll be questioning whether it was a good decision. What I can say is that based on the course at FF, it looks like there are several patterns for temp rise and even if your temps don't look "textbook" there is some interpretation involved. Don't be too discouraged by the numbers so far. It will be one of those hindsight 20/20 things where it will be easier to tell in a few days. At least this is how I plan to use the info. Of course, if you see me posting a similar topic in a couple of weeks, feel free to point and laugh. :haha:

Hello lyo I am just going into my 3 rd cycle of temping and i am one of those who does overanalise everything. down worry about the numbers its the ovetall pattern you look at. some women's temp rise. after ovulation is gradual others have a marked rise. the odd stray temp above before you ov is again fine. I'm no expert yet but if you have any questions dont be afraid to ask. Good luck. x

I would only temp if it makes you feel good. For me, it was reassurance that I was actually ovulating. I dont worry about the pattern. I use the charts at TCOYF.com and they analyze when the peak is and I find that reassuring. You can make your charts public and get reassurance from others that they look normal. Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->