I knew this would come up eventually...

lisaalove

Reaction score
So tonight I walked in on my son in the bathtub 'taking a rest' as he called it. I just said sorry and walked back out. I don't know how to go about this talk, I don't want to shame him I've always told him if he's going to touch himself to do it in private which he was doing. I guess it's just more of what do I say? I want to make sure he knows not to do it at work, only at home in the bedroom or bathroom. To wash his hands afterwards. I guess set up more personal boundaries? Can we make up a code word if he's touching himself? Or do I just ask if I'm okay to enter? What is proper etiquette in this situation? He's 6 years old and I never thought he'd be exploring his body already. :dohh::nope::cry::wacko:

I'd say it's as simple as knocking the door before entering any room with a closed door? I'd be very surprised if you need worry about it happening at school as he's dressed and on his best behaviour then. As for cleaning etc again I don't think it's a big deal - he's six and won't be producing anything yet. My Ds is six too and when he was first aware of his erections, probably about 3 or so, I explained that these were his body practising for when he's an adult, that I knew it felt 'nice' to him but that it was something for him to be private about. He knows about sperm production and how babies are made so is aware of what his body is practising for.
It's strange when they suddenly need their own time and we're no longer involved in every part of their life but if we give them the information and remind them that we are there when they need us things will work out. Good luck

He only 6, i wouldn't make a big deal out of it at all. my son is 11 and showers wth the door open! just started secondary. Hates the door being shut on him. if he was 16 i would be knocking before entering his room etc.

I'm sorry to be more blunt but by "taking a rest" are you meaning masturbating?? They start this already?? This has really freaked me out, my son is 6 I wouldn't think this stuff would come up till 12+???

My son is 12 and I think has only just started this. I always knock before entering and always have done. Also wouldnt walk in on them in the bath at 12 but I used to stay with mine at 6 so not sure on this one. I would let him bath in peace but maybe knock the door. X

I wouldn't have thought you'd leave a 6 year old in the bath alone anyway and surely they just have a little fiddle and not actually err "take a rest"? Who made up that phrase it's quite odd lol.
X

At the age of 6 (my son is 5) I would just ignore. If it was too much I would say just do it in your bedroom. I don't think they really realise. But I grew up with two brothers so I'm used to their ways ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->