I know its been asked before, but how long does ntnp take to get that bfp??!

josephine3

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas? Generally how long? Anyone concieved this way before who can tell us..? Thanks.. sorry I think Im getting frustrated, its been over 15 months ntnp now, and like a lot of ladies, I thought something would have happened by now. :nope:

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this. All I can say that having sex every other day from CD9 onwards should have you completely covered. You might have a very early or very late OV day and just be missing it.

Sorry you've waited so long though. You must have the patience of a saint! Have you seen a Dr at all to ask them to check you over?

When OH and I were NTNP it took 10 months, but that is mainly since he works away for 2 weeks and is home for a week. But it takes time!

Thanks for the repllies.. i have acually got a blood test in hand to have day 21 progesterone to see if i ov'd (or day 25 in my case)... no other tests so far.. am putting off this one too! just taking so long im getting so down about it all..:(

I don't think there is a difinite answer Hun. With my son I fell on my 2nd cycle. Then we started NTNP last month and I fell on my 1st cycle. Unfortunately I had a chemical pregnancy. Maybe I am just lucky and maybe it will take a lot longer to get my next BFP.

I hope you get ur BFP soon :hugs:

Theres definately not a definite answer hun as i feel after 4 months of ntnp with my daughter and my sister has fallen after her first try so???
xx

One cycle in May but that ended in M/C and two cycles more recently but that was a chemical pregnancy.

So maybe it is better to have to wait a bit longer for that sticky bean hey?

Fingers crossed for us all ladies

xxxxxx

it takes on average 12months of trying for a couple to get pregnant. How far are you crossing the boundaries of ntnp into ttc? have you ever charted/temped to check you are ovulating?

we were NTNP for 3 months and decided to start with the withdrawal method because we werent really wanting to get pregnant and ended up pregnant that same month so we had only used the withdrawal once that month so for us 3 months but we did go back and forth between NTNP and active TTC charting temping etc and didnt get pregnant for over 3 yrs so :shrug: it really depends I guess Id say the more you BD the more likely it will happen :) I think we will be back to NTNP by the end of the year if DH agrees Im hoping starting this month!

Thanks for all the replies - Im currently in limbo - Im getting all the symptoms but with negative tests... so confusing when I *feel* pregnant.

I have been off the pill since jan 11 and since then have been ntnp. Nothing yet- the bf and I weren't living near each other until a month ago, so it was really a hit or miss until now...

if its been over a year it may be worth crossing more into the realms of ttc but starting to temp, opk and chart. I read somewhere that that is the first thing that UK doctors ask you to do anyway so starting will give you a head start and help you identify when/if you are ov'ing, if you haven't been doing this you may have been bding in the wrong cycle time??

hmm, i think I know roughly when I Ov, but I agree I could be missing it.. I struggle to temp as my work/sleep cycle is so erratic, i never seem to have fertile cm so I dunno about charting, i did ask my doc but he said throw all the opks in the bin and just do it when you feel like!!!

Came off the pill I'm July and got bfp on 2nd cycle when ntnp

It took us 3 years of ntnp, although I came of the depot which can take 18 months to wear off. We got preggers the day oh got back from a 4 month detachment overseas!! Good luck, hope it happens for you soon x

For me it was 8 months. Which was fine our daughter wasn't even 2 yet.

I was doing NTNP 11 months, this cycle did soy isoflavones ( I guess that counts as TTC), but I don't temp, OPK or ANYTHING, and I have never had a :bfp: .

Really, NTNP was getting to me after 11 months...

I also have to say I have SUPER irregular cycles -101 days long, so NTNP might not be an option for me.

And not to sound conceited :blush: but DH and I :sex: every other day or so throughout the whole month, so timing isn't the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->