I know it's early but I don't want to be induced nor do I want to go over!

overcomer79

LT-TTC success 3.5yrs
Reaction score
I for once want to know what it is like to go in labor naturally. I went 41 weeks with my son when they induced me. While that is early to some, that is the reason my son is alive. He had double nuchal cord wrap and a true knot and it wasn't discovered until after he was delivered. That traumatized me that I wanted dd to come before her dd. Well at 37 weeks, she was diagnosed as restricted growth and was induced 3 days before her edd.

Please tell me there is hope that I don't have to be induced again. I'm just so terrified of going over now tho.

If you don't have any problems, there seem to be a few things you can do to naturally induce. From what I can tell, there's scientific evidence for the effectiveness of nipple stimulation (to actually induce, so don't start before baby is ready to come!) and eating dates (6 a day from 36 weeks, bleh, but apparently it reduces your chance of going over quite a bit). Being active and upright will also help, plus you could ask for a sweep on your due date?
Fingers crossed for you not having any issues this time!

Oh I think zumba counts as being active. Maybe that's the key. I wasn't active with the other two!

Apparently, back in the day, women didn't used to go past their due date nearly as often and one of the reasons is because they were more active and active in different ways to us now- more housework and kore walking throughout the day. Scrubbing floors is supposed to be great for bringing on labor! I didn't scrub floors! But a birth consultant suggested that from 36 weeks on, I get down on my hands and knees 2-3 times a day and rock gently back and forth for a few minutes. It is supposed to loosen up your hips and pelvis as well which helps with the actual birth. My DS came 2 days early, so perhaps it's worth a try...?

Same here!! Thankfully I went into labour naturally with LO at 37 weeks.. :flower:

Im concerned about that too as I dont want to go over my EDD because of the amount of ML I will be getting so which will mean less time with baby

My son came on his due date though ... so Im hoping the hot sex, hot food, hot bath will do the trick that day LOL

Ugh me too... I had DS at 42 weeks via induced labour. It was a horrible experience (VERY badly managed on part of the hospital staff) that I do not want to repeat. I hope I don't go over this time. When I told my midwife here that I went over by so long she was surprised because I have short cycles (26-27 days) and apparently women who have shorter cycles tend to have shorter gestation periods?? Of course that could be a load of hogwash... Certainly wasn't true for me!

If I get to go naturally (low lying placenta so possible c section) I hope I don't go over. I went 6 days over with my first which I didn't mind I had a great labor but this time I am due 4 days before my da 2nd birthday and would hate to be in hospital for his birthday r even have the baby on his birthday! I was extremely active while I was pregnant I was stilling jogging up until 26 weeks and after that I still walked every day for 45mins-1hr even the day I went into labor I had only been home an hour from walking the dog lol so I don't think that was my problem. I haven't been as active this time as I bled for the first 16 weeks and then was diagnosed with the low lying placenta but if I get to go natural I will be getting my scrubbing on lol. Not only that your dd is only an estimate so even though they say you went how ever many days over you might not have your dd may have just been off by a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->