I know my ovulation date, but measuring further in scan?

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Hello!

I paid for an early scan a couple of days ago, just to make sure I had a heartbeat and everything was well due to my previous losses, I know when I ovulated due to a clear temp shift but I measured 3 days ahead? Is this normal? or does it mean I will have a massive baby (I worry because I'm only 5 ft 2 and 100lbs)

The same happened to me. I know when I ovulated and also we only in unprotected :sex: once that month so I know the exact time I got pregnant but I've had 2 scans and both have put me forward by a week (just one week not 1 week wach scan)

I remember when i was pregnant with my son this happened but at my 20 week scan they put me back again so I think it's just going by how big the baby is compared to how big it should be at the time.

It might change again but as the baby comes when it's ready so due dates are just rough estimate anyway it doesn't make much difference :)

How quickly the egg fertilises and implants can make a difference.

I measured 3-4 days ahead at early scans and knew when I ovulated at the very earliest. I also then developed gestational diabetes which can result in a large baby. However, I controlled my sugars really well and lost weight, and my baby Cassia was born at 38+1 weighing 6lb 3oz.
It's normal to measure +\ - 1 week early on xxxxx

Really depends when egg was fertilised and implanted. It can take as little as a couple of days or up to 7-8 days so scans are most accurate way of telling. Having said that the early scans aren't as accurate as later ones! X

Really depends when egg was fertilised and implanted. It can take as little as a couple of days or up to 7-8 days so scans are most accurate way of telling. Having said that the early scans aren't as accurate as later ones! X

that's so weird because I heard that earlier scans are more accurate because genetics haven't taken over the growth yet, I read from several sources that earlier scans (7-11 week) are the most accurate because babies growth is predictable in the first weeks.

I got my first positive at 9DPO, with the first test I took that cycle XD

I was temping and got a very clear temp shift but have been measuring ahead too. But I also got my bfp at 8dpo so I can only assume I implanted early and that's why baby has been measuring ahead. Not that I'm putting much faith in it as DD measured ahead and was still 8 days overdue in the end.

early scans can be off up to +/- 5 days..

youll be fine. I was 5'4 and 112lbs with #1.

did you have a big baby then? how did you cope? did you manage a vaginal birth?

#1 was 6.3 at 36wk, emergency c-section due to placenta abruption.
#2 i weighed 125 and she was 5.8 at 36wk, failed VBAC.
#3 i was 135 and she was 7.0 at 40wk Induced VBA2C!

I didnt worry about it. Our bodies are made to give birth and know what to do when the time comes. You cant make your baby smaller and you cant make yourself bigger/taller. Now, you MAY be told " your pelvis is too small" because youre a small person BUT that is crap excuse from Dr to force you into a c-section. Your pelvis stretches and moves to make room for the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->