I know she still needs her milk but how

we still dream feed alex , when ever i can really day or night!

we tried a doidy cup it worked for an ounce or two but i found he was getting really bad wind with it because he was gulping it!

Caine is not that bothered now with the milk, he likes, just not a big bottle.

He has a big one for bed sometimes, but in the day its 4 and 6 oz etc.....

As long as she is drinking it and you are offering it I wouldnt worry hun, if she seems happy and content :D

Isobel has never been a big milk drinker, now she's on solids she's a happier baby. She's now on 3meals and 3bottles. I also introduced chicken, cheese etc slowly from 5.5months.

Try milk, wait half hour/hour then offer solids, don't go by recommendation of how many spoonfuls, feed to appetite, babies are much better than us at regulating when they are full. Go by her lead.

Petite Filous (sp?) Yoghurts where advised to me as they contain 1oz of milk. My HV said once they are on 3 meals a day they should have a minimum of 20oz of milk. Roman sounds very similar. He was taking no more than 16oz in a day but i think it might have been due to him teething. Yesterday he had loads.

I always offer milk first and he likes it very warm. Ive also found he doesnt like to be in my arms to have milk anymore so now i sit him in a bouncer and he takes it really well.

I am struggeling to get Alex to take the recommended amount as well, yesterday he took only 23 oz... I have noticed though that he likes it really warm though too, so fingers crossed I'll get him to take more today.

mines the same, shes 5 months and wont take more than 3 ozs per feed every 4 hrs, although unlike your baby mine feeds 2 or 3 times in the night having about 3 onzs each time , so aprox 21onzs per 24 hrs

Exactly the same here! My LO does hardly takes anything at all through the day!! He does bf well just before bed and once through the night but he just isn't interested during the day! I add milk to his porridge and even into his purees. He has a yoghurt or two a day but I still don't think he is near what he is supposed to get!!

One thing to make sure, would be to give her an Infant Vitamin D supplement, since she will not be getting that from her milk... Alexa will not drink milk either, I have almost completed weaning her off the breast, and the only reason I have not yet completely, is because she won't have milk :dohh: Bit different though, as Alexa is 18 months... but definitely, give her some vitamin D! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->