I like to ride my bicycle :)

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Anyone else, I don't drive so me and my 4 year old go everywhere on the bike. My DD preschool is a fair way so we cycle every day so 4 trips me there and back. It's still early days for me I've only just had a BFP. So it's more thinking ahead.

If so how long did you continue to cycle for and is it safe?

:bike::bike::bike::bike:

I don't commute via bike, but I do cycle for fun with my kids. It's perfectly safe, but definitely talk to your doctor about it. I don't stop cycling through pregnancy and actually took my bike out to go find my nephew who was playing with some neighborhood kids when I was 3 hours into active labor with my second-born. But I also ride when I'm nowhere near ready to deliver, and it's very safe. My doctor recommends cycling during pregnancy and cycles to work daily even throughout her pregnancies (she has 3 kids), but she does ask that we are more careful when in third trimester because we are more likely to fall due to center of gravity changes.

I cycle between 10-20 miles a day and absolutely love it! I'm 6 weeks now and my doctor says it's one of the best workouts you can do and is safe during pregnancy. Idk how I'll be feeling once I'm larger (as I live in Florida and summers here can be unbearable when you're not pregnant so I can only imagine what it'll be like with the weight of a small human on my abdomen) but for right now I didnt decide to change my routine at all due to my pregnancy.

One of my friends used to bike everywhere, she was still doing it at about 36 weeks I think lol

I kept riding until around 30 weeks. Then my belly got too big and it got painful when I'd crunch over the baby. But I ride a road bike. If I were on a more casual cruiser, I would have probably kept going for a few more weeks. Maybe until 36. My doctor was really supportive of my riding. As long as you feel good and are mindful of traffic and other hazards, it's perfectly safe.

That's really positive to hear. I would be lost with out the bike. So it's more of a balance thing.
I wasn't sure if it would hurt the baby in some way:blush:
I had SPD with my first so I'm praying I don't get that again not to sure if SPD and cycling would go hand in hand, ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->