I love Banana Mum!!!

alio

Reaction score
Awww.... Fin had his first taste of banana this lunchtime. He absolutely adored it. He was lunging forward to take it off the spoon and he screamed when i took the spoon away until he got his next fill!!! Ha ha!!!! I wonder how he'll be with the sweet potato?! xxxxx

Hannah hated sweet potato the first time :rofl: Likes it now though. I hope you have pics??

Hannah hated sweet potato the first time :rofl: Likes it now though. I hope you have pics??

Oh bum!!! No!!!! Silly me! I'll have to pretend he had it for the first time tomorrow now instead!! Cute Hannah! xxx

Oh bum!!! No!!!! Silly me! I'll have to pretend he had it for the first time tomorrow now instead!! Cute Hannah! xxx

:rofl: I do that sometimes! :blush:

glad he liked it so well.. Colton liked sweet potatoes.. it was really the green beans that were always (and still are) a challenge.

:rofl: I do that sometimes! :blush:

glad he liked it so well.. Colton liked sweet potatoes.. it was really the green beans that were always (and still are) a challenge.

Ha ha.... I hope he likes all veg...... that's one childhood fad out of the way! x

Well it can take up to 15 tries they say for a baby to accept a food. Hannah hasn't downright rejected anything but she doesn't like some foods as much as others (she'll attack her sweet potatoes but eat her carrots very very slowly :rofl:)

Awwww hope he like the sweet potato as much as his nana!!! Dec would have ate anything when he was younger but since he has turned 1 he has decided to let me truly know his likes and dislikes!!! Lol little bugger

awww cute! Jasmine just had a tiny bit of applesauce the last couple nights at dinner... she loves eating real food.

awww cute! Jasmine just had a tiny bit of applesauce the last couple nights at dinner... she loves eating real food.

Ha ha.... Yeah Fin definitely needed something else. He literally jumps forward for the spoon!!! Awww....
Yum yum!!!

We had banana and baby rice Leo loved it tomorrow we are having some carrot puree sounds yuk!

We had banana and baby rice Leo loved it tomorrow we are having some carrot puree sounds yuk!

Good for you and Leo!!! A Mummy knows best. Fin hates baby rice. I can't even mix it. But he has gluten free banana cereal instead and gobbles it up. I think he preferred the real thing though so that's what we're doing. I think we'll try sweet potato tomorrow. Good luck with the carrot!!! xx

How long are you guys going to give them a food before you are going to try other tastes? How much were you giving them?

I know they suggest giving a taste for a week before a new one?

How long are you guys going to give them a food before you are going to try other tastes? How much were you giving them?

Fin's had banana cereal for about a week and a couple of tastes of banana. I'll probably give him some sweet potato sometime this weekend. xx

I wait 3-4 days between new foods, easier to do now that Hannah's had more. Since I started with jars I would just scoop out a third of a jar and give her what she wanted, discarding the rest in the bowl and putting the jar in the fridge. The next day use another third and the third day the last little bit.

Thanks! I think I will still wait a week at least since she is still kind of young... but we'll see how it goes.

I think as they get older and obviously as they try more things and you get a feel for what they like/dislike etc. and may be allergic to it gets easier to introduce new things.

For sure! I just dont want to upset her tummy with giving her too many different things... But once she has had a few diferent things then I wont wait as long. She shouldnt have any allergies as there are none really in our family.

Olivia will eat anything and it all!! Lol....Prolly takes after her mummy :blush:

I've kept her on all fresh and made up from the Annabel karmel book which you can view recipes online(or the book is reduced at mo in asda at £5 or boots at £3.35..RRP 14.99)

She's had Butternut squash and pear, sweet potato, carrots, broccoli, apple, pear,mango, banana, and the chicken meal from the book, have yet to try her on fish, maybe that will be the stumbling lock..so far so goody though :)

the annabel book is fab. We had sweet potato this morning (11am) I dont think he liked it at all! It all came out. He looked furious I think he was expecting banana!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->