I love breastfeeding!

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
Just because what it's done to my boobs! I was so scared that they were going to look terribly and my nipples were going to bleed and grow 4 inches long or something. But nope! Just these glorious big breast! Lol. I was only going to breast feed for 6 month but it might just go indefinitely lmao

How is your breastfeeding experience going?

It was great until a couple months ago. It's hurting a bit at this point. It looks like I'll be tandem nursing. We'll see how that goes.

Oh right, I forgot when they get older there's things to keep in mind. Such as teeth and gumming :-/ well I guess all good things must come to an end

I love it too for now. I didn't breastfeed my son and didn't think I would her either but I love it. It doesn't hurt in the slightest. I call her my booby baby :)

I loved it from about 3 months-18 months. The first few months were pretty rough. After about 18 months I just became neutral. The past couple of months, I hate it. It's been a journey, that's for sure.

My one boob is fine. The other is a bitch to BF on as nipple just is not long enough but I want to maintain supply. So guess great on one and crappy on the other?:p

But really it is going well. LO is always on and very happy to nurse. I LOVE that I can grab a handful of diapers and wipes(cloth I wet) and be on way. I already see this will be fun in few months as LO already wiggles and pulls nipple to sides.

I only breastfed for the first week and did really enjoy being able to do it and bonding with my son, it did hurt and I was nursing for 4 hours solid the 1st night in hospital and was exhausted!

When we have another child I will give it a go again and see how it goes.

I've got to admit tho I do love the convenience of formula feeding and my boobs are exactly the same as they were pre pregnancy! X

overall I enjoy it immensely, theres just a handful of days in a given month I feel 'over it'. these days always coincide with shit sleep/teething/illness

I must agree with you, I love my big boobs now :D I used to have a-cups and was always very self conscious so it's nice to experience having bigger boobs, even if they are filled with milk!!
I also am really enjoying breast feeding :)

I breastfed to 27 months but of course the big boobs don't last the whole time. Once your body knows how much milk to produce on demand they kinda return to normal (or whatever normal is post-pregnancy). However when I went back to work I was feeding her less and started to look quite chesty by the end of the day with engorgement again :haha:!

Oh right, I forgot when they get older there's things to keep in mind. Such as teeth and gumming :-/ well I guess all good things must come to an end

She has had issues with a lazy latch off and on lately, but the biggest issue is sensitive nipples while pregnant. The lack of milk also doesn't encourage a proper latch.

I only breastfed for the first week and did really enjoy being able to do it and bonding with my son, it did hurt and I was nursing for 4 hours solid the 1st night in hospital and was exhausted!

I've got to admit tho I do love the convenience of formula feeding and my boobs are exactly the same as they were pre pregnancy! X

How is formula feeding convenient??? There's so much more involved whereas with breastfeeding, you just pop the baby on when they're hungry.

I was also planning to breastfeed until 6 months but I enjoy it so much that I think I will definitely keep going longer. My boobs were DD cups already so I am a little worried they will be a bit droopy when I'm done but I have decided I will be treating myself to some lovely new bras as a little well done gift to myself haha! Nursing bras shall not be missed!

Having FF my DS, I must say I find BF much more convenient than bottle feeding. LO occassionally has a bottle of EBM from DH and I find the washing, sterilising, heating etc to be such a pain in the butt!

X

Pumping when I went back to work, while Violet still needed pumped milk, was a pain... But at the same time, the convenience of nursing when I wasn't at work, FAR outweighed the inconvenience of pumping at work.

I love bf'ing but ugh not my boobs! I used to love my boobs lol they were always pretty full. Not anymore, I think ds sacked the life out of them, they are pretty saggy and floppy and lifeless now :( between that and my saggy belly from my c-section I guess my bikini days are gone lol

How is formula feeding convenient??? There's so much more involved whereas with breastfeeding, you just pop the baby on when they're hungry.

For me and my family, formula feeding is more conveinient. I know you can just pop them on when they are hungry but with formula I now exactly when my lo is going to need feeding, how much he is getting etc. You do have to take more out with you but since lo is only fed every 4 hours it's normally only a couple of bottles and a pot with measured out formula. Plus the fact that he was only have 1 night feed at 3 months old and sleeping through at 4.5 months. (I understand this could be due to other reasons but I believe it would be different if he were breastfed.)

Edit: just realised this is turning into a debate on whether breast is best again, which I didn't want. What works for one doesn't work for another, the op asked how everyone got on or is getting on with breast feeding, i just gave my view.

For me and my family, formula feeding is more conveinient. I know you can just pop them on when they are hungry but with formula I now exactly when my lo is going to need feeding, how much he is getting etc. You do have to take more out with you but since lo is only fed every 4 hours it's normally only a couple of bottles and a pot with measured out formula. Plus the fact that he was only have 1 night feed at 3 months old and sleeping through at 4.5 months. (I understand this could be due to other reasons but I believe it would be different if he were breastfed.)

Edit: just realised this is turning into a debate on whether breast is best again, which I didn't want. What works for one doesn't work for another, the op asked how everyone got on or is getting on with breast feeding, i just gave my view.

Don't worry, I won't try to debate with you. I just can't imagine how having to think about all that is easier than the ease and convenience of breastfeeding!

I'm loving it this time. After a traumatic birth and lack of support with dd1 I was determined to try again with dd2. Totally different birth, lots of support from by councillors and we are still going strong at three months. I prefer one side to the other and struggle lots with positioning if I am out (mainly because I'm so worried about keeping covered). My next goal is to make it six months and as a treat for making it to Christmas ive treated myself to some nursing tops and dresses 😀

How nice to see a happy bf-ing post.......I'm loving feeding my third child. We'd said that we'd only have two children originally so when I was feeding my DD I thought it was the last time. Then we changed our minds and I'm getting to do it all again. My littlest boy is putting on loads of weight and is a feeding legend as well as sleeping well. I just love my cuddles with him xx

Hello

I'm BF ds3 and loving it!! Never managed it with previous boys got far too sore.. So this time I was so determined. I love now at 3 months how he smiles at me for it. It's so convenient at the very beginning I worried about being discreet but now I don't care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->