I love my doctor :-) good by YI

kerri28

Reaction score
So of course on a Sunday I find myself calling for the on call doctor because a yeast infection was starting and I needed something called in. Well some other doctor I never heard of from outside his office was on call. So of course she immediatly says oh buy some monistat because you're pregnant. Well I told her I can't use it because I have a really bad reaction to it and diflucan is the only thing that works. She says oh we don't just call things in without verifying it's a yeast infection and I've never met you. Okay fair enough I guess but then she had to top it all off by saying you need to come in tomorrow because we may be dealing with something more serious.. Omg way to be dramatic, I know my body I know what a yeast infection is!
So I just called my doctors office and they put me right on the phone with him and I explained you know I know my body and I know this is a yeast infection and I also know diflucan is only dangerous at doses of 400mg a day or more. One treatment is only 150mg. He sent the electronic script in and I said thanks see you Wednesday for the scan! This is why I love my doctor, he knows me and he trusts that I know my body. Can't wait for the relief!

I also get to call my doctor for prescriptions when needed and it helps a lot.

Ok, now I am worried. I had a terribly yeast infection and the doctor prescribed 1 (150mg) tablets 2 times a week for 2 weeks. Would this have caused any trouble?

No you are fine! It's only considered not safe at 400mg or more every day for several consecutive days. He gave me two and I can take the second in 4 days if need be. Each pill is only 150 mg. you are fine :) I also worked in a pharmacy so I am pretty familiar with it.

L0L totally weird but I read your title as I love my daughter.. Then was wondering how a yeast infection was connected to your daughter.. But I understand now!

LOL pregnancy brain

No you are fine! It's only considered not safe at 400mg or more every day for several consecutive days. He gave me two and I can take the second in 4 days if need be. Each pill is only 150 mg. you are fine :) I also worked in a pharmacy so I am pretty familiar with it.

Oh thank goodness!! haha I usually know my meds, but it was the first time I heard this (should've known), but just had a freight since I am so nervous with this pregnancy.

L0L totally weird but I read your title as I love my daughter.. Then was wondering how a yeast infection was connected to your daughter.. But I understand now!

LOL pregnancy brain

I would n

LOL pregnancy brain
I would not have been surprised if I did write that considering the jumbled words I have been typing and speaking! I wrote "in germs way" this morning instead of harms way! I literally can't believe the hilarious stuff that's been coming from my mouth since my bfp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->