I love my mother in law

Al Syr

Reaction score
With my son's delivery she was in an airpline rushing to get there on time, unfortunately she did not make it for the delivery. She arrived 2 hours later.

With my daughter's delivery she flew here 2 weeks before my due date to help with me 1 yr old while I was in labor. She was amazing! She was the one timing my contractions and keeping track of how far apart my contractions were and how long they were lasting. She was supposed to go in the waiting room with my son while I delievered but I asked her to stay in the room with us. My son fell asleep so she was able to watch my daughter be born. She also took some really amazing pictures of my daughter as she came out and was laid on my chest.

Now with this baby I think she might not make it here 2 weeks before again. I do hope they can catch a flight as soon as I feel labor begin and hopefully fingers crossed she can make it here on time. I would love for her to be in the room with us again.

A lot of people are so against their mother in law and flip out when the mother in law asks to please be in the delivery room. Those who have a mother in law that WANTS to be in the room with them should feel blessed they have a mother in law who cares enough about you and loves that unborn child unconditionally already! There is MIL's who hate the daughter in law and don't even want to come around or meet the grandchild. Yes, sometimes and often mother's in law can call too often and want to know everything that is going on. But what mother doesn't? I have a son and I know one day when he gets married and is away from me all I am going to want to do is call him or see him and know he is doing good everyday. It is what mothers do.

Sorry this is so long but at one point I could not stand my mother in law. Before I had my kids and she didn't even know. I was just mean. It was when my kids were born that I saw how she wanted the best for me and was by my side and always making sure if there was anything she could do for my husband, our kids or me. She loves my children with every ounce of love in her body and I love her and am so thankful for that. She is an amazing grandmother and my father in law an amazing grandfather!

I'm so happy to finally see a positive post about a MIL. I LOVE my MIL. she has always been super sweet and supportive though. Walked the mall for hours with me when I was in beginning stages of labor with my first and was in the delivery room as well! Has helped me so much. She also was with me along with dh when I was in labor with our second but left to help with our son so wasn't there when I delivered but came as soon as she could. I so hope she can make it to this little ones delivery. Although we do like just dh and I in the delivery room itself, her being one of the first family members to see baby would be awesome. :)

Yes exactly, just like the "I can't stand my husband" posts. Husband's too can get irritating but I am sure that husband is way more irritated by the hormonal pregnant wife.

I am glad you shared your positive experiences and feelings about your mother in law. It is really nice to see good and positive posts and replies about things that seem to be so negative all the time.

Aww she sounds lovely! My MIL is great too. She's staying here at the moment and is so helpful :)

Me too...I'm blessed with both my in laws....I love them soooo much....

You're so lucky to have such a wonderful mother in law.
Unfortunately mine is a cow and chooses to not be in our lives any more.
She only has 4 boys so i would have let her in the room when we were on good terms but she didn't arrive until a few days after DS1 was born and same with DS2. She did stay for a few days, in a bloody motel down the street amd helped with cooking and cleaning. Haven't seen her since about 6 months pregnant with DS3.

I wish my MIL was a hands on grandparent like yours. Mine has never really been involved in OH's life and rarely visits us. We went through a phase of trying really hard with her but it was all one sided so we gave up. We have a civil relationship but we aren't close, it's such a shame. Especially as my DD loves her to bits and doesn't understand why she hardly sees her.

I wish I could get along with mine, but we have such different views on life we butt heads at every turn. I try to just agree to disagree but then she just pushes her way onto us. Thank you for sharing your story! I hope my relationship with my MIL changes, even though she lives 6 hrs drive away it would be nice to be excited to see her instead of dreading a weekend!

I love my mil .. she's my best friend, has been since before me and dh even started dating.. she's been like a mother to me!!! Closed than my own mom!! She comes over all the time to help with dd!!!!
And I absolutely love my husband, even after 8 years.. he's my best friend!!!! I'm so thankful for him and try to be mindful when I'm taking out my hormones on him :haha:

I do love my mother in law. She's just childish and overdramatic about everything lol she would not be the kind of person you would want around at a time like being in labour or during delivery. She's great and helpful just not the right personality for situations like that. I'm glad I have c sections so I'm glad only my husband is allowed in the room. He is a huge support and got pictures of my first being born and video of my second :) I wouldnt want anyone else there.

Yeah it's weird but I'm closer to my MIL than my own mom too.. Which is sad but my mom kind of chooses it to be that way. I love my mom but she isn't supportive and hasn't tried to be there for us. And I adore my dh too... I know I'm truly blessed and so sorry for you all who are having a tough time with your MIL or dh. I know my sister has a horrible MIL whom I don't think I'd be able to get along with so it doesn't always work out well which is a shame :( it's nice to have positive posts around along with the negative.. Keeps the mood up and can help at least me see what to be grateful for :)

I love my MIL, too :) I think it's so great that you want her to be in the delivery room, I know it's important to a lot of mother-in-laws and a very special chance! I didn't have either my mom or my MIL in the delivery room with my son, though, and I'll probably do the same again this time- just my hubby. Just my personal choice I really wanted just him and the doctor and the nurse, and I could just focus on his coaching (he was amazing! perfectly what I needed). My parents and my parents-in-law actually happened to be right outside the door when my son was born and they could hear all the action and hear his first cry, which was wonderful! My parents-in-law often don't even go to the hospital at all during their daughter-in-law's labor and deliveries, so it was really neat that they got to be right outside. Perfect for us!

I'm glad to hear positive stuff about mother in laws. Before I had my son I was close with mine. My husband and I were excited because we considered his parent to be friends and visited with them often. But sadly after our son was born my mil kinda flipped a switch that no one was expecting. She didn't want to follow any rules regarding our son, she basically wanted the same rights to him as a parent should. The same day son was born and were still in the hospital she started being crazy. She took to facebook to start talking about how horrible I was because I wouldn't give her what she felt she deserved. Then I started getting contacted by people I don't even know telling what a horrible person I was because I would let my mil do what she wanted and it only got worse from there. Every time we visited she would ask if I would let her do what she wanted, and if she didn't she would throw a temper tantrum and go into her bedroom refusing to come out until we left or gave in. Let me just say we had/have the same rules for all family no one gets more privileges than another that way things are fair. But its something she couldn't accept. She even went as far as to say the rules we set about are son isn't bad and its good to have rules like that and its ok for everyone to follow them but her because she felt like she is different than everyone else. I didn't mean to make this a rant but with how close I was with her before my son I was excited about spending time with her once he was born but her actions make it not a pleasant visit when we see her. I will say that at times she has been better as he has gotten older and for that I'm thankful. Now we are pregnant with #2 , we havnt told her yet but we mentioned it to my fil hoping to gain some insight into how she will respond to the news (whether or not she would start acting childish again) and he simply told us we are going to have a fight on our hands ugh. I'm still holding out hope she will be different this time we miss things how they used to be before all this happened. Ok I'm done with my book now lol

It's so lovely for those with positive relationships with their MILs. My husband's mom passed away three months after we were married, and we live on the west coast while his family is in the east coast, so even before she passed, we only got to visit occasionally. I very much wish she was around... for my husband, for my son, and for me. She was the ultimate homemaker, and I feel like I could have learned so much from her. We were definitely very different, but I think we could have had a lovely relationship. I would have loved for her to be there to see her grandchild born.

We are very close to my mom. She moved two miles away when I was pregnant with my son, and she helps a lot without ever being overbearing. She and my husband have a great relationship, too.

My father-in-law is lovely, but the distance means we don't see him much.

Hearing all the positive stories is great!

Even for those of you who posted you don't really get along with your mother in law you are not bashing on the woman. You are politely saying why you do not get along. There is an app called Glow Nurture (pregnancy app) and people on there are so often saying horrible things about MIL's and although I never reply to their rude comments I do feel they are unfair and immature for saying those awful things. At least they could be a little nice about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->