i may have pre-eclampsia???

new mummy h

First little princess!!!!
Reaction score
just seen midwife - gotta go to hospital antenatal day unit at 2:30pm today to get scanned:nope:

ive got high blood pressure a bit of swelling and bumps measuring 35 weeks!:wacko:

not got protein in my unrine tho :shrug:

im thinkin its because ive been ill last week and stil have a bit of a cold??

:hugs:
xxxxxxxxx

Not good! *hugs* hopefully it's just your body dealing with your cold.

Hope it all goes well!

im really not sure what thyre doing to me today - i know a bit about about pre eclampsia - does it mean she may come early??? :( x

Hiya hun,

Don't get into too much of a panic, its great that there is no protein in your wee.

You'll just have to have some bloods taken and they'll take it from there.

If you did have pre-eclampsia depending on how bad it is, it can be managed, it doesn't necessarily mean bubz will have to come early. ( Well not before term )

Good luck
xx

it can mean early but not always hun x
even if you do have pre eclampsia they may just decide to monitor you, and see how things progress
hope it all goes well today, try to look on the plus side here, you are getting an extra peek at your princess this afternoon

Hope you're ok hun, try not to worry, no protein in wee is a good sign! Keep us updated :hugs: xx

aww thanks girls :hugs:
told hubby to stay at work - dont want him losing money when its just a check up!
even called MIL to come with me - why i have no idea lol!
suppose i just dont wanna go on my own!
will i get to see her again???? :cloud9:
xxxxxxx

Hope everything goes ok hun. Wish my mw was as on the ball tbh. I have +3 protein in urine (not sure what that exactly means - it was +2 at 28 weeks) and swelling but as my bp isn't 'drastically high' (her words) there is no point in sending me to maternity unit. 'Will probably just go away'. I would much rather have had it checked out to be on the safe side!

Enjoy the bonus scan!!! xxx

Is it a growth scan you're being sent for because you're measuring big?

If so yup, they'll measure her legs,tummy & head :)

xx

Edit: and the fluid round her and they always listened/checked the blood flow through the cord with mine x

iv been sent to the day assesment place twice with what they thought what pre-eclampsia, my blood pressure was high at my mw appointment and + protein in my urine, as soon as i got there my blood pressure was LOW and no protein lol! just sat in the day assesment unit and got my blood pressure checked every 15 minutes about 4 times, they had a feel around and a listen to baby and i was sent home :) .. lucky you getting another scan, 2 cms up they normally dont give a growth scan, iv been measuring 2 up since about week 25 but still havent gotten a growth scan :( .. enjoy seeing your lil one again :D , hope all goes well :hugs: x

oohh yay for getting another peek - I have loads of scans and you will be gob smacked at how different she is from the last one.

Ditto re the above its fab they are getting you checked so efficiently - thumbs up for them!!

The day unit is not scary (I promise)! I go weekly to be monitored and I get my bp, urine, amniotic fluid measurement and ctg monitoring (where they monitor baby's hb and your uterine activity).
You will get scanned so it's lovely to see baby again - mw pointed out a button nose at my last scan! The fact you don't have protein is a very good sign, they will probably do a blood test which will best show what's going on (if anything).
It's great you are being double-checked.

My BP jumped up a couple of weeks ago, mw started quizzing me on whether I had swelling in legs/hands, headaches etc etc - think she was worried about pre-eclamsia.

Bump was measuring 1cm under (as it had been at the previous 2 appointments) and no protein so she just told me to go back next week, rather than in 2 weeks, to get BP checked again. It had gone down a bit my then so panic over.

Hopefully, like you say, it's just cos you've got a cold and you're just going to get a bonus peek at your little girl!

Hope you're OK :hugs:

Try not to worry, I had high BP and protein in my urine, baby wasn't measuring right. They tested for pre-eclampsia and I don't have it. That was when I was 28 weeks and me and baby are still going strong fighting off the dreaded PE! They are keeping a verrrry close eye on me which is good because it means extra scans and extra MW checks :thumbup:

Good luck and keep us posted xxx

thanks for the support girls xxxx

i didnt get a scan done :( just on the machine that monitors fetal movement/ tightenings/HB and had blood pressure and bloods taken - was in antenatal clinic about 3 hours.

have to go back at 2pm today to do it again and get results - if my BP hasnt gone down then they might keep me in so ive packed a little bag and put it in the boot of my car just incase!:(

i feel good today tho - my colds subsiding now! my throats not sore - i am a bit shaky tho! wonder if its stil the blood pressure???

also, girl that went to do my bloods lost the vein so took the needle out and went to get a new one - THEN PRICKED HER THUMB!! OMG LOL!!!
so shes running around trying to sort that out i had to wait half an hour for a midwife to take the bloods instead and she had to send one off to get tested for HIV etc just in case lol - what an idiot!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh dear, sounds like a bit of a crazy situation! Glad you're feeling a bit better though, hopefully it was just the cold upsetting your BP after all.

Silly girl stabbing her finger as well :haha: At least she shouldn't be stressing too much given that, I assume, you had your blood tested for most stuff at your booking appointment (I know I did) so you'd think they'd have told you if there was anything nasty in there.

yeh she was filing through my notes in a panic and i was sat giggling at her lol! she found the page that say HIV, syphalis (SP?) NEGATIVE lol! xxx

awww hun glad you are ok - i kept looking for your update last night lol

maybe feeling shaky is just a bit of nerves hun, i feel all over the place today and im just getting a scan

anyway hope all goes well this afternoon and we see you on here later

oh and what a muppet pricking her thumb lol, bet she was glad you have been tested and she wont have to wait foreveer to get her results eh x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->