I might die if I don't get some sleep...

good luck with your hv. i don't know how you've survived on so little sleep. I do the whole routine at night, determined that I won't bring Erin into bed with me - convinced that I'll make her sleep in her cot - but when tiredness sets in I completely fall apart and I'll do anything for some sleep. At least if you are co-sleeping you are all getting a few more hours. my fingers are crossed that things improve for you xxx

i think you have to do what you feel is best, co sleeping is not for everyone but with the lack of sleep you are all experiencing it seems like the solution. xx

This is turning into a sort of sleep journal isn't it?

Last night we improved again and Byron slept from 11pm til 6.30am with a feed at 3am. All in bed with us. He got whingey at teatime for the first time, instead of in the early night. This is more of a normal routine for babies so I'm optimistic we are getting somewhere. The past couple of days we've been getting up earlier.

The only problem is I am still only geting 5 hours sleep! DH got about 7 last night and he can happily survive on 6. I always needed at least 8 and better with 9 since having glandular fever as a teenager. I don't understand why everyone is sleeping better except me!

The HV was positive about it all. She suggested giving him boiled water when he wants to feed constantly to satiate the sucking need (as a dummy hasn't done this) and to help push the wind through. I don't know if it helped or not last night. We also gave him some of those herbal powders for tummy upsets and teething. At 3am I was woken by him grunting and then doing enormous amounts of wind or poos so something helped I think! He then only needed a small feed and fell right back to sleep as I popped him down within needing to be cuddled or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->